上一主题:CFA Mock Exam, FRA question
下一主题:schweser practice exam I
返回列表 发帖

How many Top School MBA's out here pursuing CFA Charter

Just curious to know how many MBA’s from Top 5-8 b-schools (Harvard, Stanford, Kellogg, MIT-Sloan, Columbia, UChicago, Tuck etc..) are actually pursuing CFA charter. It would be even more interesting to know why they would want a CFA charter after a top school MBA.

because i am a masochist

Little lower than Top 8 (Darden) but working in investments for the 1st time.
I decided to take the CFA to learn more about valuation, derivatives, asset classes, etc. to round out what I learned in b-school. I don’t think I’m learning a whole lot as the CFA has disappointingly been a lot of memorization more so than knowledge-building for me.
I’m am a little bitter having just failed Level II - will probably give it one more shot on Level II because I see some value as far as making myself marketable to prospective clients and employers (if that ever comes up).

DCGuy,
I appreciate your response and honest opinion. Good luck for L2 next yr. And I share the same thought.. having CFA is like having an extra arrow in your quiver.
Btw .. Darden is pretty good and I plan to attend the same school..
Good luck for L2.

CFA and MBA are different. There are tons of CFA vs MBA threads where people have dicussed the issue extensively.
To make things simple: get both.

To elaborate, I was looking to move into investment mgmt from corporate finance and thought it would help (even though I have the MBA). Now that I made the transition (although ended up in trading rather than research), not sure that it matters anymore…only level 3 to go though, so can’t give up now.

I am but because I use the CFA as a form of deliberate practice; no real need for it (career wise at this point) other than for my ego.

Not all MBA’s have strong finance specializations. Having said that, can’t hurt to credential up.
If for no other reason, it’s always better to be the guy that blows other people out of the water on paper. Whatever school you go to, the CFA will enhance your attractiveness to employers.

Bostonboy,
Thanks for the note. I was wondering how has been your experience in trading so far. I am still thinking b.w trading, ER and/or risk management.
IB is not my cup of tea. Any feedback based in your exp in trading??

I’m at Kelley - Indiana - getting MBA and MSF. The Kelley program is corporate finance mainly, the CFA covers investment more (obviously). Some potential employers favor one over the other, and with my limited experience I’m trying to look as good as possible to get the foot in the door - trying to have as much on paper to try to be remotely competitive.

返回列表
上一主题:CFA Mock Exam, FRA question
下一主题:schweser practice exam I