上一主题:FinQuiz Notes vs. CFAI Books
下一主题:Ethics study method
返回列表 发帖

L2 Study Session Time Required

I’ve covered Corp Finance, Derivatives, and 2/3 study session from Equity.  So far I’ve found the material fairly ok (i.e. not really more difficult than L1) but I’m worried that the difficult and time consuming sections are up ahead (i.e. FRA, Quant, Econ).    Based on SS breakdowns I’ve covered 33% of material, but I know this breakdown can’t be correct based on the fairly low hours I’ve put in so far.
Is someone who’s gone through all the material able to assign a rough “time weight” breakdown for each topic that represents the time that’s going to be required relative to other sections  (i.e. FRA 30%, Corp Finance 2%., etc).  
I’m after this information so I can create a realistic pace to follow.

Ethics 1,2
Quant 3
Econ 4
FRA 5,6,7
Corp. Fin. 8,9
Eqt. 10,11,12
Alt. Inv. 13
F.I. 14,15
Derivs.  16, 17
P.M.  18

if you took a pro rata of 300hours by the exam weight per section - 10% would be 30hours which actually sounds about right. the problem i see is that taking 6-8 full practice exams/mocks and the time it takes to review will require over 50 hours.. so for me im planning for a solid 400 hours total

Hi there,
I prefer to start from CFA Text book one, then two etc … and keep going till Book Six.
For book one I roughly spent one month (considering the days I skipped) with 1.5-2.5hrs of study. This includes working the EOC aswell. The material is not that time consuming except the new parts of Ethics and Foreign Exchange. For me Quants is easier than in Level one, but there again this is subjective depending on one’s knowledge and background.
Now I started FRA (Reading 19) – the first two chapters were quite a recap of Level 1, though the focus is more on the impact on financial statements and ratios. Now I will start the so to say new material – lets see how it goes.
But I think you are doing fine considering that many did not start studying yet (most start early January) and I am always of the opinion that the last weeks before the exam will be the most crucial for a pass.
Good luck with your studies.

I started Quant and decided it’d be best to study that closer to the exam date.  So I switched and went to FRA, which isn’t as technical.  I just finished FRA and am starting with equities.
My goal is to finish the readings by December 31 and get the ‘conceptual framework’ in my mind.  Then I’ll return to it and start learning the details to the concepts.  Plan to go through the material 3 or so times by exam date (CFAI Texts, QBank/Notes, and Video Lectures).

rawraw wrote:
I started Quant and decided it’d be best to study that closer to the exam date.  So I switched and went to FRA, which isn’t as technical.  I just finished FRA and am starting with equities.
My goal is to finish the readings by December 31 and get the ‘conceptual framework’ in my mind.  Then I’ll return to it and start learning the details to the concepts.  Plan to go through the material 3 or so times by exam date (CFAI Texts, QBank/Notes, and Video Lectures).
Dec 31.  That’s ambitious.  I’m hoping to be done with 1st read by March 1st, leaving me 3 months for 2nd pass, QBANK, CFAI EOC, and mocks.  
I’m doing Scheweser + Schweser EOC (w/o challenge problems) for first pass.  Haven’t yet felt the need to look at CFAI text.

FRA is very technical…

Try to aim for 300 hours, 350 would be better. This may seem like a lot but you don’t want to be that person who failed because they felt like they were spending too much of their free time studying.
To find out the material weight you can either go to the topic weight link on the CFA website or go through the old Analyst Forum Links to see what the weights were for the people who passed the exams.
http://www.cfainstitute.org/cfaprogram/courseofstudy/Pages/topic_area_weights.aspx

返回列表
上一主题:FinQuiz Notes vs. CFAI Books
下一主题:Ethics study method