上一主题:BA Finance Plus app
下一主题:Quick FX help
返回列表 发帖

Thank you bpdulog.  I appreciate your comments.

Each person’s work experience approval as far as I have seen takes a different path because of individual circumstances.
I would think it would be best if you talked to the CFA Institute Support line (send them an email) and determine what must happen in your case.
Also I would think your timeline is going to take considerably longer than folks who are working in the profession. So you might want to get started early (especially with folks going to make the system busy in a few weeks from now).

Thank you CP.  I appreciate your comments.
I shall email CFAI this week and see what happens.

Teaching experience will count if it is full time (more than 20 hours a week). Otherwise, I’m afraid you’re out of luck.
Managing your personal portfolio doesn’t count, so it’s down to what you were doing as a grad student. There was a guy in the last couple of weeks who said his grad work had been refused by CFAI, but he was doing research not teaching.

^ If you’re basically saying you can get away with lying because CFAI can’t prove anything.  That’s disappointing.
And your part time teaching experience was 16 years ago, I don’t think any of it should be approved.

I have to say I agree with iteracom. I wouldn’t pass you based on what you put here.
GARP requires that your experience is within the last 5 years for the FRM, however CFAI has no such restriction. Honestly though I’m not even sure that it would really help you to get passed. Assuming you are doing this to break into a financial role whoever recruits you will look at your CV and the 16 year gap will call into question your charter.
I think you’d be better off passing L3 and applying on that basis and gaining work experiecne from that point.

Iteracom and Monito,
Thank you both for your inputs.  I surely appreciate them.
Regards
Trong

返回列表
上一主题:BA Finance Plus app
下一主题:Quick FX help