上一主题:The most efficient way to read the CFAI curriculum?
下一主题:Financial leverage question
返回列表 发帖

Schewser Economics vs CFAI Economics

Hi All,
Has anyone read both of these yet? For sure a lot of people are finding economics fairly confusing, but I was wondering how well Schewser covers economics in terms of material coverage, not how well it explains. Ie, does Schewser adequately summarizes CFAI? (since Scheswer only has 3 sections)

Econ seems to be the most difficult for me. I was going thru Finquiz and CFAi book after the schweser notes left me confused. It is difficult and extremely frustrating… I am going to just hope the test isn’t as in depth as it could be.

for me elan guide is quite enought although it seem the ost diffcult part

Ok now I am really dreading it. Is Econ that bad this year? I was actually happy they reduced the number of readings from last year.

They reduced the number of readings, but the first reading is taking forever.

Schweser has condensed it too much. It leaves out alot of the neoclassical proofing which is pretty important to be able to understand it properly. i would only use cfa books for the first 2 readings in ecos

I’m not sure about the previous comment as i’ve not recieved my CFAI books yet. But eco in the scwheser isn’t too difficult, there seems to be a few concepts to remember but most of it is pure logic.

bluejazzy wrote:
Hi All,
Has anyone read both of these yet? For sure a lot of people are finding economics fairly confusing, but I was wondering how well Schewser covers economics in terms of material coverage, not how well it explains. Ie, does Schewser adequately summarizes CFAI? (since Scheswer only has 3 sections)
There are only 3 readings in the curriculum for L2 Econ.

Studying Econ this weekend and it is not fun. The whole bid-ask thing is confusing to me. This reading is taking forever, I may peek at CFAI but text there is so brutally long and dragging. Not sure how much of help it can provide. Seriously….yuk!

Now that i am done with Econ, I don’t think its as bad as it was at Level I. I thought the CFA readings did a terrible job with econ. The first reading is terribly long. Neoclassical theory is a bitch in the second one.

返回列表
上一主题:The most efficient way to read the CFAI curriculum?
下一主题:Financial leverage question