上一主题:Tricky GDP question
下一主题:How to go on about Quants
返回列表 发帖

General question about ETHICS!

Are member and candidates subject to the code and standards?  or are certain standards only applicable to members and not candidates?  
Is the code applicable to both members and candidates or only members?

Members and candidates are both subject to the code and standards.

Go by the curriculum .

Has anyone else notice this?????

You should go by the CFA curriculum, which is quite explicit that candidates are also subject to the code of ethics and standards.  There’s no guarantee that Schweser notes are correct.

i have passed L1 but still not registered for L2. Wanna know will ethics rules apply to m right now or not ?

On one of the first pages in Schweser it clearly says that the Standards apply both to candidates and members but (for the sake of brevity I believe) they’re going to omit “candidates”.
Really, isn’t that obvious?

Both, this is a fundamental component of L1 Ethics. Candidate section regarding confidential exam information pertains solely to Candidates but I guess could be extended to recent Members who release any CFAI confidential exam content information. That being said the CFAI do claim never to have repeated a question and not too sure how much it would matter, especially at L1 where 240 questions tend to cover the majority of the curriculum. I believe this is a bit of a throw back to when the exam was set over a number of days around the world. Of course someone taking the exam in India in June 2013 could call someone in London with a hour or so to spare before the Londoner was to sit the exam but I doubt that person could effective improve their score to any significant degree.

Thanks Fandango!!!

返回列表
上一主题:Tricky GDP question
下一主题:How to go on about Quants