上一主题:Incorrect solution to question in curriculum book 1 - forex
下一主题:Fin quiz Item Set questions
返回列表 发帖

CFAI End of Chapter Questions

Anyone leaving EOC’s until the last part of their prep before hitting mocks?  This is not to be confused w/ not doing q-bank - I still do questions after covering each reading - I just can’t ever finish EOCs in one sitting (have only done about 30% so far) and feel like I can accomplish more if I focus on them in the end and use time now to cover my bases using a variety of other materials (q-bank, videos, notes, etc).  
Is there any disadvantage to leaving them for last part of April/early May after doing a second pass of the material?  Also, thoughts on Schweser Chapter Self Tests in the books vs. q-bank?
P.S. Already tried coffee and maybe I’m drinking the wrong brand, but COMPLETELY useless - still yawning and wanting to hit the sack before i cover even half of my scheduled assignment

I’m doing EOCs as a guide to my 2nd pass.  All the formulas that I need to answer the EOCs I’m putting together in a word doc for each subject.  I want to get these done first then do QBank, then Mocks.  
For EOCs, I’m skimming through a lot of the questions in the interest of time.  I answer all the a.b.c type questions, but I’m reading, thinking for 10 seconds, having a stab at an answer, and then looking at the answer for all the “Define, describe,…etc” type questions.  There just isn’t time for those at this stage.  I also found they were a waste of time for L1 so not bothering with them too much for L2.  
Confidence wise, I’m extrapolating out my ability to put in the hours which I’m hoping will put me in the “just barely passed” category.  Not a great attitude I know but that’s how I feel.

are u guys doing descriptive questions or only case study q ?

@CleverCFA - that’s my problem - I’ve completed my first pass of Schweser Notes (+ some Q-bank), but I KNOW I didn’t retain much so I just don’t see the point of doing EOCs at this point and because I’m a visual learner, really hoping that Elan Videos for a second pass (again w/ Q-bank) will help things “click”.  Obviously those videos are annoyingly long, but hoping that after two passes, I’ll be at a much better spot to answer the EOCs than now, where I’ll probably be lost on more than half of them….Just feel like I’m running out of time & work has also been MUCH more busier than last year at L1.  Perfect how it all goes down at the same time, huh?!

Thanks all - I really wish I would’ve attempted the EOCs as I went through my first pass - would’ve helped me retain more and get a better understanding of HOW they will ask the concepts.  Since i already feel like I didn’t retain much for my 1st pass, it’s almost like I pursue one of two options (a.) take the next few weeks and focus on EOCs solely (only to be reminded how little I retained & then randomly guess) or (b.) just move forward w/ second pass and then come back to these later during Review/early May.  Haven’t decided yet (pursuing them simultaneously for now), but think option b will help me raise my confidence which is much needed at this point!

返回列表
上一主题:Incorrect solution to question in curriculum book 1 - forex
下一主题:Fin quiz Item Set questions