上一主题:Reading 27: Fixed-Income Portfolio ManagementPart I-LOS f
下一主题:Reading 27: Fixed-Income Portfolio ManagementPart I-LOS d
返回列表 发帖

Reading 27: Fixed-Income Portfolio ManagementPart I-LOS e

SchweserOnline CFA: SchweserPro 2008 CFA Level 3
CFA Institute Area 8-11, 13: Asset Valuation
Session 8: Management of Passive and Active Fixed Income Portfolios
Reading 27: Fixed-Income Portfolio ManagementPart I
LOS e: Contrast and illustrate the use of total return analysis and scenario analysis to assess the risk and return characteristics of a proposed trade.

Why should total return analysis be used to assess the potential performance of a trade before the trade is implemented? Because total return analysis:

A)
allows to quantify the potential performance of any trading strategy.
B)consists of evaluating the worst-case scenario which enables an investor to know his highest potential loss.
C)can be used to assess the likelihood of a certain outcome which will affect the potential performance of a trading strategy.
D)identifies the range of possible outcomes and therefore provides the manager with a feel for the risk associated with a trade.

Answer and Explanation

Total return analysis can be used with scenario analysis to assess the potential performance and risk associated with the wide variety of bond investment strategies. Total return analysis may be used to determine the potential performance, and scenario analysis may be used to ascertain how the performance will vary under different sets of assumptions.

返回列表
上一主题:Reading 27: Fixed-Income Portfolio ManagementPart I-LOS f
下一主题:Reading 27: Fixed-Income Portfolio ManagementPart I-LOS d