上一主题:Withdrew from June 2013 - can I register for June 2014?
下一主题:LBS Masters in Finance
返回列表 发帖

CFA/Schweser Mock Scores

Hey everyone, hope your studies are going great!  Simply just posting Mock scores to get an idea of where I stand.  Please post yours as well;
CFA Mock:  76%
Schweser Mocks (average of 5):  78%
I generally finish about 15 minutes early to review all my answers (I am a slow test taker/reader), but I never once couldn’t finish because of time.  
Just think everyone, in less than two weeks we will be free!!! Good luck to all.

I plan to take the CFAI Mock this week.
i have been averaging around 70% on my Schweser Mocks (I have taken 3).
The plan from now on is to continue taking mocks and memorizing formulas.

I have taken only the Schweser Live Mock and I received a 70% on that.  Starting Tuesday (reviewing first) I am taking a practice test every day for a week and I’ll come back and post here the scores here.
I am finding time not to be an issue at all as well, usually finish 30-40 minutes early (without reviewing of answers).
What did you think of the CFAI Mock compared to Schweser? I see you scored only slightly lower on the CFAI mock, but you’re doing well overall man!  Is the CFAI Mock an old actual exam, or was it designed for practice only? Also, are you going to take any of the sample exams?  The plan starting this Tuesday was to take the CFAI Mock, review all my answers on Wednesday, then take the two sample exams the following day and the rest of the days do Schwesers. I thought the order or relevancy was CFAI Mock, CFAI Sample, then Schweser, but a lot of people seem to put Schweser before sample mocks saying the sample mocks are unneccesarily hard.

I was hoping to take the live schweser mock, but it was not offered in my city. I would love to hear how the live mock compared to the schweser practice exams. Like I said, II’m averaging 70% on practice exams but I’m worried I’m not doin as well as I should be at this point. My major problem is the formula memorization.

@rayankh
I thought Econ, Ethic, & FRA way harder on CFA Mock.  But others like Quant and Fixed Income way easier.  Overall, I would say harder.  I was weird though because some questions where ridiculously hard and some where ridiculously easy compared to Schweser.  And as far as I understand they are previous CFA I exams.  I took the samples a month or so ago and bombed (60’s).  The CFA samples are the devil.
@Leah
I think 70% is a fairly solid score 2 weeks before.  Take it for what it is worth, but I think trying to memorize every formula is a mistake.  There are just to many.  Focus on doing problems, because when you are doing problems it’s easy to put the puzzle together.  Meaning rather then just reading a flash card that says “Fixed Coverage” and back has formula, it’s easier to imprint in your memoring doing a problem about fixed coverage and figuring out from there.

Greaattt… FR&A and Econ harder on CFA mock? … just what I wanted to hear.
Having taken the samples though, I know it’s hard for you to remember, but would you recommend taking them with a little less than 2 weeks left or would you recommend taking Schweser instead.  I guess I’m asking if the morale crushing of the sample exams is really worth what you gain from taking them.
Yea, the Live Mock was really a good experience. I know it’s late in the game for this to be my first mock exam, but I don’t start work until later in June, so I have all day every day for the next 10 days or so to take exam after exam and review. I think 70% isn’t too bad of a place to be right now as long as you give it the time to reviewing and keep taking practice exams.

Completely agree with Ethics, Econ and FRA being way harder on the CFA Mock.

If you have 10 full days I would do both.  The pro’s of the samples is it really challenges you to think and I have never taken Level I but I am fairly confident that is the hardest problems you will see.  The con’s are it is times 120 min for 60 questions set up to give you real time answers after each question.  Thus I think Schweser mocks are better aligned with real deal because it’s 120 q morning session and 120 q afternoon.  
At least do one.  It is only take 2 hours out of the 10 days you have left.  It will force your brain to think even harder/deeper which is a good thing.

Oh shoot.  It’s only 60 questions?… I think I’ll likely take em both in a day then.  Thanks for that man, that helps my planning way more.
Would you recommend doing CFAI Mock before all of the other practice exams or after taking a few other ones first and reviewing before the CFAI one - that way you’ll sit for the CFAI mock more closely resembling how prepared you will be for the actual exam.

I just scored a 73% on the first CFAI Sample exam.  I’m a little skeptical…
I scored a 100% on portfolio management, fixed income, and alternative investments.  Then my next highest score was in Quant… this is like the exact opposite of my outcomes on the full Live Schweser Mock.
I feel like the first 2/3 of the exam was unusually tricky and then the last third was unusually easy.  I guess that’s why it’s important to keep taking as many practice tests as possible because I feel like I’m either getting really lucky with the questions (stuff I know well) or just plain unlucky.  I’d like to limit my success dependability on the luck factor!
On to sample exam 2.

返回列表
上一主题:Withdrew from June 2013 - can I register for June 2014?
下一主题:LBS Masters in Finance