上一主题:求助--professional conduct block
下一主题:终于结束了,曾经二级band10,三级一次band9,一次band10
返回列表 发帖

Is training with the Mock Exam enough?

Hello everyone,
OK it may be a stupid question but I’m curious.
I did the mock exam once and once more to make sure I mastered those questions.
Now in the real exam. Will we have some questions similar  (not the excact wording ofc) to what we got on the Mock Exam? Or is everything going to be totally different? How varied can it be?
Is it worth it to master the concepts of the mock exmam because they will be used in the real exam also.
Thx a lot

No one?

the concepts will be similar on a very broad level, but you cannot seriously expect the same questions witih different wording to come up on the real exam?
if you have time you should do some schweser practice tests. since it will be around the same time in UAE, you should be able to crank out one practice test by tonight. i don’t think its useful doing the same mock test again and again, because you’re going to know what the answers are before long, and its a lot more helpful to expose yourself to as many different types of questions as possible.

If you read the curriculum, you know that there wase probably many topics not tested in the mock. There is no way that the real exam will have all the same questions. Yes, some will be relevant and similar, but I I think its safe to say that many will be different. Think about how many ways they can ask you different things - even if its the same question and one detail is changed (ie inflationary vs deflationary environment for Invenrotry (which may now be LII?)), the whole question changes.

It’s getting a little close to the exam but if you have the time, I’d branch out into some other mock or sample exams. For L1, it was helpful to me to work through a ton of exam-like questions since the topic pool is so wide at the first level.

OK thx for your answers.
Following your advice I did a mock exam 2011.
It was much easier than the 2013. And I had more time to finish.
In the 2013 I scored like 60% and could not finish on time. On the 2011, I scored 70%
The 2013 questions were very wordy and more complex. Where does the actual exam stand?

From what other’s have posted, the actual exam was a tad easier than the mocks.  Although this might be because people studied harder after taking the mock and therefore found the actual exam to be easier.
I guess we’ll know in 1.5 days!

返回列表
上一主题:求助--professional conduct block
下一主题:终于结束了,曾经二级band10,三级一次band9,一次band10