上一主题:Citing Public Information
下一主题:Final Query - 2 versions of HPY-BEY
返回列表 发帖

Trouble sleeping

Anyone else facing trouble falling asleep lately. My mind just doesn’t stay still. It takes me an hour to fall asleep with the exams coming up. I end up feelin less than fresh in the morning.
I can’t imagine whats going to happen Friday night. Is having some alchohol the night before just so you get some good sleep a good idea?

a glass of red wine.  set your alarm clock

I wouldn’t start taking melatonin if you haven’t taken it before.  It takes about a week for you to get the effects.  Here’s the thing about sleeping and not being able to sleep.  Don’t stress about it.  If it’s 2am and you’re wide awake, the worst thing you can do is start freaking out because you should be sleeping.  Just read a book or lay there and close your eyes and it will happen.
I didn’t sleep before my first marathon.  Not a wink.  And I was freaking myself out because I wasn’t sleeping?  And I woke up, ran 26 miles and didn’t sleep the night before.

Pretty normal. Lots of people get only a few hours of sleep th night before because they can’t fall asleep. However, test day adrenaline usually seves to keep you alert during the exam.
You may find your body crashing pretty fast as soon as the exam is over, so don’t plan too much for afterwards, or plan things you can bow out of gracefully.

Thanks everyone for your views. I had “tested” this tonight and had a few beers to see if I could get some rest and it didn’t help at all. I eventually ending up gving a mock instead….and for whatever reason i did better on it. Screw normal sleep for 2 more days i guess.

Haven’t slept well for 5 days…. Tonight will be interesting!

Sexual release generally puts me out pretty quickly.

返回列表
上一主题:Citing Public Information
下一主题:Final Query - 2 versions of HPY-BEY