返回列表 发帖

Is it cocky/bad karma to...

Order a wall frame for my charter… lol
I feel pretty good about my chances of passing (definitely not 100% because you never know)… I walked into the exam feeling confident because of my high mock/past exam scores (in the mid 80’s). Walked out a little shaken but still somewhat confident. Was hoping to walk out of there with a better feeling, but it is what it is.
I so want this ordeal to be over that I am in the process of getting my references and experience together to apply for the charter as soon as, god willing, I get my pass email. I am hoping to get ahead of the lineup and get my application processed sooner than later. I will get an “official” frame from framingsuccess.com (with the custom embossed new CFAI logo on the mat).
Anyways, I can’t stop thinking about the exam and feel like I need to be doing something with my time… The void left by my lack of studying is driving me nuts…
Overconfidence bias much?

Nah … I would do the same, unfortunately I’m gonna need more work experience before I can get the charter. I got my BA and MSc framed with no expense spared, cuz they’re once in a lifetime things just like this CFA.
Where’d you find out about this “framing success official charter frames”? The frames are custom made to fit the charter’s dimensions? They’re officially endorsed by CFAI? Can you get that ultraclear anti-reflective glass? And finally, do they frame it or send you the materials to frame yourself?
Go for it.

Go for it.
Worst case, you will use it the next year (or the year after that. Or put it up on eBay with a sob story for a better price.)

I don’t understand why you would buy a frame at this point. Unless you know of a once-in-a-lifetime sale on CFA charter frames, there is absolutely no benefit.
Edit: Also, that frame is 28x23 inches? Holy shit.

Wouldn’t it be funny if you ordered the frame and passed, but then you got the certificate and they changed the size?

lol… Yes it’s a pretty huge frame - it’s the largest size that framing success offers for a frame… I think I will need a bigger office…
You’re right, there is no real value to ordering it now (although there is a 3-week processing time before it’s shipped out). That being said, I’m not sure how long it takes to get the charter after applying for it… Just feeling the need to do concurrent activity.

Do people still frame these?

I would except for the fact that others in my office dont.  So I’d feel out of place.  I might hang it over my bed though

Peer pressure much Andy?

Even when you find out that you passed in late August, you won’t get your charter until closer to the end of the year. So you still have plenty of time post-confirm to invest in some fine mahogany.

返回列表