上一主题:Portfolio Manager VS Day Trader
下一主题:How do you check if someone is a CFA charterholder?
返回列表 发帖

Studying for Level 1 December 2013 Help!

Hello,
I am using schweser’s study material and I have read all of the books.  I have been doing the practice questions and I am not breaking 70% on the quizes.  What should I do?  Should I try to memorize the formula book which has 70 pages of formulas?  I feel like thats a waiste of time because thats impossible to memorize. How do everyone else prepare for the level 1 exam?

You still have 5+ months…
Just read Schweser and do the EOC questions in the CFAI textbooks. During the last 1 to 1.5 months (depending on your background), start mocks.

You should understand the formulas rather than to just memorize variables. Like wacc, it is made of the weights of the capital that is used. You look at the question for the givens and then just plug it in. Remember for kd there is the (1-t) as well. It is better than memorizing the variables wacc = wd*kd*(1-t) + wpref*kp + we*ke without knowing why.

re-read CFAI text over and over.. especially FRA… only way to feel confident is doing thousands of problems and knowing the material cold

I have a quirey regarding the CFAI textbooks vs. notes…which is better?

Notes, blue box, eoc’s for everything except Ethics imo.

Reading, EOCs, Reading, EOCs… Volume end, QBank grind for that volume, than Volume 2… In the last month, light review of your notes, than only QBank grinding, on half of that solve a Mock, see where you’re not good enough then again grinding QBank with a special focus on those areas, and the last day or two review the cheat sheet (formulas).
It is vital to understand the curriculum, not just learn it. I believe Ethics EOCs are important. Also, if I were you, during a second read (I suppose you’re starting like you’re starting from scratch, since you have plenty of time), I would read the Ethics volume as the last one.

返回列表
上一主题:Portfolio Manager VS Day Trader
下一主题:How do you check if someone is a CFA charterholder?