上一主题:What to do until the end of July?
下一主题:Exam seemed Easy?
返回列表 发帖

Regarding the 4 years work experience...

So what exactly counts as ‘qualified experirnce’. Does it necessarily have to be in investments, capital markets or can it be anything as long as it comes under ‘Financial Services’?

Banking or a position that involves assisting in the investment decision making process.  I think cfai website has a pretty good definition

Yeah, it’s the investment process that matters. Doing payroll software in financial services won’t cut it. Working for a non-profit and determining whether projects should get grants or loans based on projected cash flows does (that surprised me).

There is at least some degree of leniency.  An actuary at my company with what I would consider no investment experience met the experience requirement.  I’ve heard similar stories elsewhere.

If you can line up aspects of the curriculum with your day-to-day job responsibilities, and it sums to more than 50% of your time, you can usually make a good case for getting the work included.

Valuation experience as a CPA/ASA also counts as experience for the Charter.

when I apply for membership (god willing this August) I plan to use the term “investment policy statment” no less than 20 times.

返回列表
上一主题:What to do until the end of July?
下一主题:Exam seemed Easy?