上一主题:原版书R41的21题
下一主题:mock42第37题
返回列表 发帖

Who's gonna retake?

Since we’re still six weeks away from results, I figured I could start this without pouring too much salt into open wounds.
Assuming things DON’T go your way on August 6th, who’s going to re-take the exam?  Who will just let that sleeping dog lie?
I, for one, will NOT retake the exam.  Why?
I put in over 600 hours of study.  If I can’t pass with that much study, there’s no reason to believe I can ever pass it.  
I have an almost 2 year-old and another on the way. If I’m going to spend a few hundred hours away from my family, it better be to “really” further my career–not take a test with little real benefit and little relevance to real life.  
My job is getting more difficult, with more stress and more hours.  
As a tax accountant, I’m not sure that I’ll ever get any benefit of the CFA charter anyway.  
I live in a remote area, Dagobah, where there is no CFA society and most people don’t even know what CFA stands for.  (“Isn’t that a ‘Certified Financial…Advisor?’”)
I’m just freaking tired of studying.  Went straight from MBA to CPA exam to CFA exam.  I’ve been studying for something for seven years now.  
I’m already a CPA, so it’s not as if I need this in order to find a job.  
I may change my mind someday in the future if I move to NYC, or some other place where the CFA is seen as an asset.  But for the forseeable future, 2013 Level 3 was my last hurrah.  Won’t be retaking anytime soon.

I have put +600 hours last year and I failed .. Guess what? I re-took this year.. Why? Because it get’s easier to study since you already know most of the material however you change your approach. If i fail again this year, I WILL retake again, why? because I like to end things which I have started. Hell even if it takes me 10 times, I will not quit until I finish this challenge.

I will retake because it will haunt me for the rest of my life if I don’t.

^ We are far from rational because we don’t give up if we fail? umm seriously?

I failed last year and took it again. If I fail again, I will take it again. I will not have wasted my previous 3 years in vain I will learn from my mistakes and know the material even better. My approach and performance on exam day compared to last year was like night and day. I knew what the game plan should be on the AM and I finished, which I didn’t last year. I approached my study differently and the material came much easier because you retain a lot of the concepts. If I don’t pass this year it will be because I didn’t know the material absolutely cold and a few sections hit on my weaker areas. But I am confident those will be eliminated by next year. Having said that, I’m hoping that I passed ha

when I was preparing for L2 I had said THE exact same thing to my girlfriend, I would really never retake the exam if I failed… For Level 3, I don’t know because material isn’t so big and when I can see end of the tunnel… can’t say anything… but lets hope we pass… ) usually passing rate in this forum is quite high…

I can see people quitting if they fail Level 2.  I have to believe the beast that is Level 2 kicks out far more than Level 3.  Heck, I told myself if I couldn’t pass Level 2 after 3 tries, I was done (failed it once).
By Level 3, you KNOW you can do this. IMO Level 3 is easier than Level 2, or at least the same as Level 2, and I know alot of others agree.
That being said, alot of us like me now have a child, which were not around during the first 2 levels. An added dimension of priorities. And if you aren’t in the investment world and are doing this for some other reason (OP?) I can see people walking away.
Still, what is the point of quitting now?  All the months and years of studying down the drain. Nothing to show for it but a couple thousand bucks you paid to be miserable.
I will give myself 5 tries on Level 3, although I hope I only need one

Nobody would let me quit.  And I had plenty of opportunities.  Not my wife.  Not my boss.  Not my kids.  And therefore it never really was an option.  Although I told a lot of people that if I did not pass L3 this last time, that would be it.  But when push came to shove, I probably would have signed up again.

I will definitely retake once.  Beyond that who knows.  Depends on circumstances.

Am I the only one that had never heard of Dagobah before, and had to Google it to see what it was?
I won’t play an assumption game based around failure though.  The power of positive thinking!

返回列表
上一主题:原版书R41的21题
下一主题:mock42第37题