上一主题:How my friend got stuck on Level II
下一主题:Anyone going to film their result reaction?
返回列表 发帖

Tips on managing potential bad news tomorrow?

Hopefully we won’t need those tips [fingers crossed], but I’m sure at least a few of us are getting anxious about handling potentially not-so-great news while surrounded by colleagues and other well-wishers.
So: any tips on how to handle anything less than a pass with grace — or at least with minimal obnoxiousness and limited whimpering?
Alcohol comes to mind, of course, but curious if you guys have other good strategies to cope.

Mine is to tell myself that come what may, I won’t be smarter or dumber on Wednesday than I am today.
It’s a start, but I don’t think it willl hold very well under pressure…. So if anyone has mastered the art of resilience in the face of adversity, please share your mantra or general attitude!

Ha, good thinking!
I must confess I am too much of a coward to risk it if it’s only “probably” not going to be read, but forwarding a good rant to my own email address is a riskfree way to vent I guess… Thanks, Nana!

this forum has made such a big deal out of the cfa result..its just an exam, failing it doesnt mean that our world would end.

Take 15-20 mins and excuse yourself to freak out.  Then pull yourself together and back to work!

Tell yourself that you’re going to memorize every little f^#@ing word in those CFA provided books - even the footnotes - and sign back up.  It’s just a test and others have passed - you can do it too!
BTW - this is not sarcasm… this is from past experience.  Just know that the exam contains tricks to make you think and next time you’ll be prepared to find those dirty little things…

I will blame the pencil.

Let’s face it, finding out bad news tomorrow is going to suck no matter how you slice it. Nobody is welcoming the thought of having to do it again next year, and the anticipation you and yours have been going through.
I’d say just take the time to think about it, think how hard you tried, how much you did learn (because its impossible not to learn something when preparing), celebrate that in some way, then give yourself some time to mentally relax before you decide on what your next plans will be. That is how I plan to handle any bad news.

I would go with calculated pessimism. Really convince yourself that you failed. Get the idea in your head and deal with it. Then when the results come you are either pleasantly suprised or you just get a confirmation for what you already know.
Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch’intrate

That’s tough w all non CFAers being like “im sure u passed” ” i dont see u failing” ….. But ya good strategy

返回列表
上一主题:How my friend got stuck on Level II
下一主题:Anyone going to film their result reaction?