上一主题:universities approved for cfa
下一主题:Hello House, New Here
返回列表 发帖

if i were you, this is the study plan i would stick to (i think that if you stuck to it, you should have a very good chance at passing):
1 - buy schweser (notes & qbank)
2 - spend approximately 2.5 weeks per book, answer EOC questions (but not challenge questions). save ethics for last and also incoroporate the CFAI material when studying ethics. if you stick to that plan, you should be through the material by the end of august/sept 1st.  
3 - end of august/sept 1, take one of the 6 3-hour schweser practice tests to give you an idea of the exam and questions/timing and your score. don’t be expecting to pass - this test should just gauge your current performance.
4 - review questions that you got wrong AND those that you were unsure about/had trouble with (even if you got the right answer - make sure you know WHY the answer is right).
5 - for sections you had trouble with, make a practice quiz from the qbank (60 q’s). take that, and again, go over any answers you got wrong/were unsure about
6 - by the end of september, take another practice test. again, don’t be expecting to pass, but getting better.
7 - review schweser challenge q’s and CFAI EOC questions
8 - take another practice test, followed by more review and qbank q’s (early october)
9 - after all of this, you will have gone through 3 practice tests, numerous qbank quizzes, schweser notes and CFAI EOCs and it will be middle-ish october. i would spend the rest of my weeks continuing to review any sections that i was weak in, as well as practice exams every 1-2 weeks as the exam approaches. remember, once you run out of schweser practice exams, do the CFAI mock, and you can purhcase additional practice exams if you’d like - from schweser or other sources.
10 - continue to keep fresh on material through exam day. you should be fine.

What do you guys think is better?
1) go through reading the 5 books and then do as many practice questions / mocks / practice exams as i can
2) go through reading the 5 books while making self-made notes on each book (each book condensed to about 20 pages of hand-made notes). Then, doing practice questions / mocks / practice exams (might not have as much time to do as many practice questions/exams etc… because time used to make notes).
How are you guys studying? I just finished Book 1 of Schweser… started boring economics today!

No matter what anybody says here, it all depends on how you learn.
Personally, I generally don’t like notes or flash cards.  There were a few exceptions, but for the most part, I think people become somewhat dependent on them.  If you use them to learn, then toss them before you start the “final push” for the exam, I think that’s okay.  But by the last two weeks before test day, you should have all your old notes thrown out.
My recommendation - Study all 5 books, then study FRA again, then study all 5 books again (including FRA for a third time).  You’ll be surprised by how much you pick up the second time around.  Starting Nov. 10 or so, you need to put the books away and do nothing but bang away the practice questions.

Hi,
A lot of people have given their opinions, but if I understand correctly, you might be looking for an actual plan (sort of like a project plan). If that is the case, I’ve created one (using various other websites) - CFA Level-I Plan. If you find this useful, please feel free to download it, modify it and use it.
If anyone has any suggestions to edit the plan, please let me know and I will incorporate them in my future plans (if I do pass the L1 that is )
Good luck.

Thanks for the info….started with Quants and working through it…..Financial Calc has taken a bit of getting used to. Anyway 2 weeks I will so how the plan is shaping up. Thanks for the info…..good luck for Level 2

By the way does anybody, or did anybody who passed, use the video classes (Schweser)? For some readings might it be enough to view and then do questions rather than notes and questions……I guess the answer is if you can do the questions you are ok?

Hi guys, I am planning to take the Level I exam in December and I am not sure if I only should stick to the study material CFAI provides or if I should buy any additional preparation material ( e.g. Schweser notes) because I only have 4 months left until the exam.
Also, do you think that 4 months are enough to prepare for the exam? I am a full-time undergraduate with a business background.
I would really appreciate any advise or experiences you guys have to share. Thx in advance.

thx for your reply. Also, did you make use of any additional study material such as, for example, schweser notes?

Well, I’ve used the Stalla mobile app planer and it kinda helped me, but afterwards I saw this free guide that really pointed out the problems I had - it’s got all three levels and is really detailed! I followed their advice and am hoping to pass the Level 1 (waiting for the results) …
You can find the book here -

返回列表
上一主题:universities approved for cfa
下一主题:Hello House, New Here