上一主题:where to order paper curriculum?
下一主题:The problem of retaining the material
返回列表 发帖

Is this worth a retabulation ?

Don’t know what to think about the below scores…. received a band 10. Using the 80/60/40 method for scoring these I had exactly 70%. Is it worth spending the $100 to check it out? Is anyone aware of a change from fail to pass when doing this?
Arrr… the frustration!
Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70%
- Alternative Investments 18 * - -
- Corporate Finance 36 - - *
- Derivatives 36 - - *
- Economics 18 - - *
- Equity Investments 72 - * -
- Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - * -
- Financial Reporting & Analysis 72 - - *
- Fixed Income Investments 36 - - *
- Portfolio Management 18 - - *
- Quantitative Methods 18 * - -

That is a good point, I know I erased 3 or 4 on the bubble sheet. From looking at my score I must have been only one or two marks away from passing. Could a manual review be what pushes this over the top?
I’ve seen scores this morning that have bene pass with a worse breakdown than the two abov.e

You guys looked to score higher than me, I don’t know why I would pass and you wouldn’t with these scores.
Level II: Pass
The table below illustrates your subject matter strengths and weaknesses. The three columns on the right are marked with asterisks to indicate your performance on each question or topic area.
Item Set
- Alternative Investments 18 * - -
- Corporate Finance 36 - - *
- Derivatives 36 - - *
- Economics 18 - * -
- Equity Investments 72 - - *
- Financial Reporting & Analysis 72 - * -
- Fixed Income Investments 36 - * -
- Portfolio Management 18 - - *
- Quantitative Methods 18 - *

I want to check mine too. It’s sad
Level II: Fail
The table below illustrates your subject matter strengths and weaknesses. The three columns on the right are marked with asterisks to indicate your performance on each question or topic area.
Item Set
- Alternative Investments 18 - * -
- Corporate Finance 36 * - -
- Derivatives 36 - - *
- Economics 18 * - -
- Equity Investments 72 - * -
- Financial Reporting & Analysis 72 - * -
- Fixed Income Investments 36 - - *
- Portfolio Management 18 - * -
- Quantitative Methods 18 - - *
Score Band: 7

Count me in the group pondering this question as well:
Level II: Fail
Item SetQ#TopicMax Pts<=50%51%-70%>70%
-Alternative Investments18*–
-Corporate Finance36-*-
-Derivatives36-*-
-Economics18–*
-Equity Investments72-*-
-Ethical & Professional Standards36–*
-Financial Reporting & Analysis72–*
-Fixed Income Investments36-*-
-Portfolio Management18–*
-Quantitative Methods18–*
Band 10

Deciding the same myself…fail band 10. I’d say it’s worth it: this is a TON of time studying, emotional frusteration, etc…. There is very little downside for significant upside. Granted the probability of upside is slim, but possible. Kinda like a deep out of the money call?

I don’t mean to be the bearer of bad news, but the urban legend of 80/60/40 is pretty misleading. If you averaged 71/51/31, then any of the scores posted could have been a fail. The breakdown doesn’t provide any information as to what your actual score might have been - strictly a qualitative statement.
If it was me, I’d save the dough.

Did you pass or fail?

Using almost a worst case scenario 71/51/31 the score I come up with is 67.2% Must have been a high MPS this year.

i’ve never failed a CFA exam (currently awaiting L3 results) but here’s my 2 cents -
if (and only if) you got a Band 10, and you really think it’s gonna eat you up, $100 is nothing in the long run - just do it. you have virtually no shot of them changing it but if it makes you sleep better at night it’s probably worth it.

返回列表
上一主题:where to order paper curriculum?
下一主题:The problem of retaining the material