上一主题:CFA improve Portfolio performance?
下一主题:Anyone considering setting up a company after the CFA
返回列表 发帖

A tablet for studying the CFAI material?

Do any of you read the CFAI material on a tablet? If so, which tablet do you use and do you like using it? I was just thinking of buying the printed version of the material but at $150, I might as well just buy a tablet if it was just as good.
Thanks for your input.

I just downloaded the latest materials for level 3.  Firstly, it doesnt really matter which tablet you have or plan to buy as you will need to download the VitalSource application to view the materials.  From the first ten minutes using this application, you can see what a pain in the ass it is to resize the reading pane and flip through the material.  Although you can highlight and sync your “last viewed” page, there isnt a whole lot of value to the e-book on a tablet, at least for me.  Maybe if you are traveling a bunch or want some subway material in between destinations, but for general studying, I’d go with hard copies.

I used it on an iPad, and t’s ok for reading, but VitalSource needs to add more Nav features, e.g. working problems, one has to remember the page number of the answers to check it.  Otherwise, I give it a B1.

iPad (no fanboy). Tablet software development still focuses on iOS first and Android second for many AAA products and magazines. The Nexus 10 is a great tablet as well, but it just does not yet have the same level of developer support (though it will soon enough). If you can wait until the Apple and Google tablet refreshes in September.

I dislike the vitlesource software.  I don’t know why they can’t just PDF it to us?  Sure charge us for it as part of the exam fee.

You can print it as PDF on vitalsource, but it’s so damn tedious to do so.

In terms of resolution and size, I think the iPad and the Google Tablet have the greatest resolution and make it easiest to read. The big e-ink reader from Amazon (no longer for sale, I think) is easiest on the eyes because it’s the closest thing to paper.
But honestly, look at your past study habits and see how you learn best. If you like to highlight or write yourself notes in the margins, hard copy is the best way to go.
I ordered the e-book when studying for Level 1 and regretted it. Printing PDFs from the VitalSource is a pain. The files are huge and the resolution is very poor.

I use galaxy note2 and am enjoying it so far.

Used IPad3 for studying Level 1, but Level 2 switched to Schwesser so back to the basics (books)
Good thing about a tablet is that its lighter and you can carry all the books at the same time

I used imac and ipad exclusively to read the schweser notes but wouldn’t do it for L3
Good thing is that it’s light and portable but I like highlighting and writing side notes on actual book better. I tried to save some money by going the PDF route but definitely will get the book for L3.

返回列表
上一主题:CFA improve Portfolio performance?
下一主题:Anyone considering setting up a company after the CFA