上一主题: Reading 2-I: Standards of Professional Conduct & Guidan
下一主题: Reading 2-III: Standards of Professional Conduct & Guid
返回列表 发帖

Reading 2-I: Standards of Professional Conduct & Guidan

Q21. Janet Green, CFA, provides investment advice and other services to clients in several countries. She resides in Country A whose securities laws and regulations are less strict than the Code and Standards. She also conducts business with clients in Country B, which has no securities laws or regulations, and in Country C, which has securities laws and regulations that are stricter than the Code and Standards. Which of the following statements is TRUE? According to CFA Institute Standards of Professional Conduct, Green must adhere to the Code and Standards in:

A)      Country A and Country B but the law in Country C.

B)      Country A, Country B, and Country C.

C)      Country A but the law in Country B and Country C.

Q22. Sometimes a CFA Institute member simply feels a law has been violated by his firm, and sometimes the member knows a law has been violated. Which of the following pairs of guidelines is CORRECT with respect to the first step a member should take in each case? The member should first contact:

A)   the firm's counsel if he feels a law has been violated and contact his supervisor if he knows a law has been violated.

B)   the firm's counsel if he feels a law has been violated and the SEC if he knows a law has been violated.

C)   his supervisor in the firm if he feels a law has been violated and contact the firm's counsel if he knows a law has been violated.

Q23. Jason Blackwell, CFA, works as an investment manager for Mega Capital, a large multinational brokerage firm. He resides in a country whose applicable law is stricter than the Code and Standards but does business with clients in a country whose applicable law is less strict than the Code and Standards. Blackwell decides to follow the Code and Standards for clients in the less strict country. While Blackwell is still employed at Mega, Lego Associates verbally asks Blackwell to review client portfolios during evenings and weekends for a fee. Blackwell gets written consent from his immediate supervisor at Mega to undertake this independent activity for a one-month trial basis.

Which of the following statements about Blackwell’s actions involving Standard I, Professionalism, and Standard IV(A), Loyalty is most accurate? Blackwell:

A)   violated both Standard I and Standard IV(A).

B)   did not violate either Standard I or Standard IV(A).

C)   violated Standard I but did not violate Standard IV(A).

答案和详解如下:

Q21. Janet Green, CFA, provides investment advice and other services to clients in several countries. She resides in Country A whose securities laws and regulations are less strict than the Code and Standards. She also conducts business with clients in Country B, which has no securities laws or regulations, and in Country C, which has securities laws and regulations that are stricter than the Code and Standards. Which of the following statements is TRUE? According to CFA Institute Standards of Professional Conduct, Green must adhere to the Code and Standards in:

A)      Country A and Country B but the law in Country C.

B)      Country A, Country B, and Country C.

C)      Country A but the law in Country B and Country C.

Correct answer is A)

Green needs to follow Standard I(A) -- Knowledge of the law. In Country A, Green must adhere to the Code and Standards because Country A’s laws are less strict. In Country B, Green must also adheres to the Code and Standards because Country B has no securities laws. Because Country C’s applicable law is stricter than the requirements of the Code and Standards, Green must adhere to the laws of Country C.

Q22. Sometimes a CFA Institute member simply feels a law has been violated by his firm, and sometimes the member knows a law has been violated. Which of the following pairs of guidelines is CORRECT with respect to the first step a member should take in each case? The member should first contact:

A)   the firm's counsel if he feels a law has been violated and contact his supervisor if he knows a law has been violated.

B)   the firm's counsel if he feels a law has been violated and the SEC if he knows a law has been violated.

C)   his supervisor in the firm if he feels a law has been violated and contact the firm's counsel if he knows a law has been violated.

Correct answer is A)

Standard I(A) says that when a member feels a law has been broken, the member should seek advice from the firm’s counsel. If the member feels the advice is unbiased and competent, the member should follow it. If the member knows a law has been violated, the member should contact a supervisor.

Q23. Jason Blackwell, CFA, works as an investment manager for Mega Capital, a large multinational brokerage firm. He resides in a country whose applicable law is stricter than the Code and Standards but does business with clients in a country whose applicable law is less strict than the Code and Standards. Blackwell decides to follow the Code and Standards for clients in the less strict country. While Blackwell is still employed at Mega, Lego Associates verbally asks Blackwell to review client portfolios during evenings and weekends for a fee. Blackwell gets written consent from his immediate supervisor at Mega to undertake this independent activity for a one-month trial basis.

Which of the following statements about Blackwell’s actions involving Standard I, Professionalism, and Standard IV(A), Loyalty is most accurate? Blackwell:

A)   violated both Standard I and Standard IV(A).

B)   did not violate either Standard I or Standard IV(A).

C)   violated Standard I but did not violate Standard IV(A).

Correct answer is C)

Blackwell violated Standard I, Professionalism. Because the applicable laws were stricter than the Code and Standards, he must adhere to the more strict applicable law.

[em02]

thx

x

aac

回复:(mayanfang1)[2009] Session 1: Reading 2-I:...

3x

thanks

返回列表
上一主题: Reading 2-I: Standards of Professional Conduct & Guidan
下一主题: Reading 2-III: Standards of Professional Conduct & Guid