上一主题:Reading 11: Hypothesis Testing - LOS b, (Part 2) ~ Q1-3
下一主题:Reading 11: Hypothesis Testing - LOS a, (Part 2) ~ Q6
返回列表 发帖

Reading 11: Hypothesis Testing - LOS c, (Part 1) ~ Q1-5

Q1. A goal of an “innocent until proven guilty” justice system is to place a higher priority on:

A)   avoiding type I errors.

B)   avoiding type II errors.

C)   the null hypothesis.

Q2. If the null hypothesis is innocence, then the statement “It is better that the guilty go free, than the innocent are punished” is an example of preferring a:

A)   type II error over a type I error.

B)   higher level of significance.

C)   type I error over a type II error.

Q3. A bottler of iced tea wishes to ensure that an average of 16 ounces of tea is in each bottle. In order to analyze the accuracy of the bottling process, a random sample of 150 bottles is taken.  Using a t-distributed test statistic of -1.09 and a 5% level of significance, the bottler should:

A)   not reject the null hypothesis and conclude that bottles contain an average 16 ounces of tea.

B)   not reject the null hypothesis and conclude that bottles do not contain an average of 16 ounces of tea.

C)   reject the null hypothesis and conclude that bottles contain an average 16 ounces of tea.

Q4. The power of the test is:

A)     the probability of rejecting a true null hypothesis.

B)     equal to the level of confidence.

C)     the probability of rejecting a false null hypothesis.

Q5. For a t-distributed test statistic with 30 degrees of freedom, a one-tailed test specifying the parameter greater than some value and a 95% confidence level, the critical value is:

A)   1.640.

B)   1.697.

C)   2.042.

答案和详解如下:

Q1. A goal of an “innocent until proven guilty” justice system is to place a higher priority on:

A)   avoiding type I errors.

B)   avoiding type II errors.

C)   the null hypothesis.

Correct answer is A)

In an “innocent until proven guilty” justice system, the null hypothesis is that the accused is innocent. The hypothesis can only be rejected by evidence proving guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, favoring the avoidance of type I errors.

Q2. If the null hypothesis is innocence, then the statement “It is better that the guilty go free, than the innocent are punished” is an example of preferring a:

A)   type II error over a type I error.

B)   higher level of significance.

C)   type I error over a type II error.

Correct answer is A)

The statement shows a preference for accepting the null hypothesis when it is false (a type II error), over rejecting it when it is true (a type I error).

Q3. A bottler of iced tea wishes to ensure that an average of 16 ounces of tea is in each bottle. In order to analyze the accuracy of the bottling process, a random sample of 150 bottles is taken.  Using a t-distributed test statistic of -1.09 and a 5% level of significance, the bottler should:

A)   not reject the null hypothesis and conclude that bottles contain an average 16 ounces of tea.

B)   not reject the null hypothesis and conclude that bottles do not contain an average of 16 ounces of tea.

C)   reject the null hypothesis and conclude that bottles contain an average 16 ounces of tea.

Correct answer is A)

Ho: µ = 16; Ha: µ ≠ 16. Do not reject the null since |t| = 1.09 < 1.96 (critical value).

Q4. The power of the test is:

A)     the probability of rejecting a true null hypothesis.

B)     equal to the level of confidence.

C)     the probability of rejecting a false null hypothesis.

Correct answer is C)

This is the definition of the power of the test: the probability of correctly rejecting the null hypothesis (rejecting the null hypothesis when it is false).

Q5. For a t-distributed test statistic with 30 degrees of freedom, a one-tailed test specifying the parameter greater than some value and a 95% confidence level, the critical value is:

A)   1.640.

B)   1.697.

C)   2.042.

Correct answer is B)

This is the critical value for a one-tailed probability of 5% and 30 degrees of freedom.

看答案,谢谢LZ

Thanks

GOOD STUFF

谢谢楼主

good

kkk

d

ss

返回列表
上一主题:Reading 11: Hypothesis Testing - LOS b, (Part 2) ~ Q1-3
下一主题:Reading 11: Hypothesis Testing - LOS a, (Part 2) ~ Q6