Board logo

标题: ARO Question [打印本页]

作者: simeezee    时间: 2011-7-11 18:19     标题: ARO Question

In V3 of the 2010 CFA material, on page 467...#15.

It says option C is acceptable (thus not the answer), but wouldn't the assets value be decreased through a depreciation charge on the IS, not accretion??
作者: koba    时间: 2011-7-11 18:19

as its phrased "least likely too", there could be more than one incorrect answer, and I believe in this case both B and C are incorrect. However, B is "more wrong" because the CV of the liability increases by the accretion charge. C is also wrong, but the value of the asset actually does decrease, however by depreciation expense not by accretion charge.

B is the "more wrong" answer I think.

Stupid way to test somebody's knowledge on material IMHO
作者: JRossSter    时间: 2011-7-11 18:19

Thanks Matt...you a level one candidate?
作者: leadcfa    时间: 2011-7-11 18:19

Yep! I'm writing in Toronto. Which oddly enough is the 416 area code and I'll probably take the 407 to get there LOL
作者: ogoluwa    时间: 2011-7-11 18:19

Nice...the 406 is the great state of Montana and I'm writing in Helena the capital . Im trying to get FRA down so I have less worries haha how do you feel about it??
作者: joemoran    时间: 2011-7-11 18:19

I feel ok, a few sections trouble me in FSA, mainly FCFF FCFE and CFO calc through Direct Method. I'm doing a heavy review 1 day each for each topic, then planning to just review all my material lightly the few days leading up to the exam.
作者: rgonzalez    时间: 2011-7-11 18:19

What do you mean your trying to get FRA down? Is that a designation or the forward rate agreement :S pardon my ignorance, I've been consumed in CFA material for the last 6 months.
作者: amqata    时间: 2011-7-11 18:19

i was pondering the same thought last week, Financial Reporting and Analysis is FRA...volume three in the CFA curriculum. FSA FRA...its all the same and it's giving me a headache lol
作者: Bluetick1010    时间: 2011-7-11 18:19

Oh @#$%&, all this time I thought the book was Financial Statement Analysis (FSA). Just took a look and sure enough its Financial Reporting and Analysis.

How do you feel about direct indirect CFO calc, FCFF, FCFE, Deferred Taxes and Leases? I believe those will all be tested, among other things.
作者: Londonrocks    时间: 2011-7-11 18:19

I feel good on cash flow but Taxes and the little things worry me. I pounded the tax concepts today so hopefully I will be ok. Think of who the cash is available to...?

欢迎光临 CFA论坛 (http://forum.theanalystspace.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2