Board logo

标题: Is there any difference between correlation and correlation coefficient? [打印本页]

作者: JustasS    时间: 2011-7-11 18:34     标题: Is there any difference between correlation and correlation coefficient?

Hi,

i have been studying for a long time and along with attempting some questions, i found that sometimes questions use correlation or correlation coefficient.

Are correlation and correlation coefficient the same thing?

In the textbook, i read that correlation measures the strength of linear relationship between 2 random variables.

In the internet which i found, correlation coefficient is a number between 0 and 1. If there is no relationship between the predicted values and the actual values the correlation coefficient is 0 or very low. As the strength of the relationship between the predicted values and actual values increases so does the correlation coefficient.

Right now, i presume correlation and correlation coefficient are the same just that some questions use different namings to mention about correlation.

Am i right about this point?

Thanks
作者: amqata    时间: 2011-7-11 18:34

Same thing.
作者: Benjiko    时间: 2011-7-11 18:34

correlation, correlation coefficient and pearson correlation - they all represent the same thing

欢迎光临 CFA论坛 (http://forum.theanalystspace.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2