Board logo

标题: Test Center - Milwaukee or Chicago [打印本页]

作者: stockjaguar    时间: 2011-7-11 18:57     标题: Test Center - Milwaukee or Chicago

This may sound stupid...but let me ask anyway ..

I am registering for my Level 2 and I have two test center options that I can choose- Chicago or Milwaukee...both of them are at same distance from my home...

I am guessing Mil would definitely have a fewer candidates taking exam ...does that help test taking process....fewer candidates....less noisy......
作者: ap0258    时间: 2011-7-11 18:57

I'd go Chi, because I'd be getting wasted there after and crashing in a pricelined 4* hotel.

That's just me though.
作者: mp3bu    时间: 2011-7-11 18:57

My roommate did Chicago and said it was huge and hard to concentrate. I would do Milwaukee if I were you.

CFA Jay, CFA
作者: YAhmed    时间: 2011-7-11 18:57

I'd go for less distractions and less traffic.
作者: President1988    时间: 2011-7-11 18:57

I don't think it matters that much, you'll be fine at either. That said, some factors to consider:

1) Would you need a hotel for the night before? If so, Milwaukee is probably cheaper.

2) McCormack Place (Chicago) is hard to get to and quite confusing once you're inside. If you weren't statying the night before, I'd recommend getting there really early so you know where you're going. Additionally, the traffic getting to McCormack Place and its garages in the morning is rough, probably wouldn't be as much of a problem in Milwaukee.

3) What are the lunch options at the Milwaukee facility? In Chicago, it's either McDonalds or Connie's Pizza, and the lines for both are totally ridiculous. There might be a Starbucks somewhere else but good luck finding it, and the line for it will probably be bad too. Best just to bring your own lunch or to leave McCormack Place altogether (which would take at least 20 minutes just to get to somewhere with other lunch options, and there won't be much).

I guess my overall recommendation would be Milwaukee.
作者: zhaoyp    时间: 2011-7-11 18:57

Thanks for the advice guys. I will go with Milwaukee...
作者: neil1234    时间: 2011-7-11 18:57

JAY@CFA Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> jcole21, I would have definitely done that..if I
> was travelling...but I am like 45 miles
> away.....so I don;t have that choice ;)

Adda boy - I'd go Milwaukee then.
作者: senlinlang    时间: 2011-7-11 18:57

I'm a 2010 LIII test taker. I've been sitting for CFA exams off and on since 2000.

I live and work in Chicago. After failing LII for the 2nd time in Chicago, I decided I needed a new venue. A few friends convinced me that MIL was a good place, I'd have to agree 100%.

The MIL location is on the UW-Milwaukee b-school campus. Each exam room has roughly 30-40 students (at least for LII and LIII). While the proctors are all trained the same way, they are giving a bit more "leniency".

Parking is free if you park in the b-school lot. The lunch options are nearly unlimited as you can drive out after the morning exam. There is a Subway within 2 miles and across the street is a Five Guys. You can easily return before 1pm, and the proctors tell you that you don't need to check in before 1:30.

You can Priceline hotels in MIL for fairly cheap. Even if you have to rent a car to drive up, the whole experience of exam day is much less stressful in MIL.

Good luck.
作者: kickthatcfa    时间: 2011-7-11 18:57

Thanks CPierce...that's helpful...

I agree....I took my level 01 (Dec) a few years back and CHI was completely crowded...and it was Dec...I am sure June will be much worse....
作者: maryli    时间: 2011-7-11 18:57

I think the entire MIL exam center has maybe - 1,000 people? I'm honestly not even sure. I would not be surprised if it was like 600. There were 3 rooms of 35 students for LIII. Not sure if the LII or LI rooms were larger than that.
作者: yalo    时间: 2011-7-11 18:57

Milwaukee - it has to be Milwaukee...Just because the BEAST is from Milwaukee

欢迎光临 CFA论坛 (http://forum.theanalystspace.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2