Board logo

标题: what's the progress, mates? [打印本页]

作者: dmrktrading    时间: 2011-7-11 19:17     标题: what's the progress, mates?

It is about 16 weeks left for the exam day. I am done with 40% of the syllabus but just realised that im rushing without making sure that I have strong grasp of the concepts.

What's up with all you?
作者: cv4cfa    时间: 2011-7-11 19:17

Finished all the way to Corp. will spend this week reviewing past content and mixing it up with some equity

- Guille
作者: President1988    时间: 2011-7-11 19:17

Done Quant, Eco, FSA, and Corp Finance, still have to sleigh the beast (aka Equity) and all that other good stuff. Definitely not looking forward to Portfolio Managment! Seems like a shitload of material for only 1 item set
作者: ppls    时间: 2011-7-11 19:17

done quant, econ fra corp+equity
gonna review everything until the 20th this month.
then finish the rest
作者: luda002    时间: 2011-7-11 19:17

eek. barely started

better get a jiffy on
作者: maryli    时间: 2011-7-11 19:17

similar position as brainwasher..

finished Corp. Finance.....for Ethics, stats and Econ read schweser....FSA and Corp finance CFAI books....going forward will only read CFAI.

I strategy: Read CFAI (1 SS per week avg.) do Schweser concept questions at the end of each session....At the end of each SS I watch schweser lecture and do all EOC. I do about 10 questions per reading on qbank or finquiz after the SS.
After each volume I do a cumulative exam, excluding ethics.

Goal is to finish all of Equity by February 25th (I have a week off next week) then spend the weekend reviewing everything, except ethics. At this rate I hope to finish everything by the 22nd of April and spend the rest of the time reviewing and questions.

So far has worked decent, I get a decent grasp of the material ....but a loooooonnngggg way away
作者: tarunajwani    时间: 2011-7-11 19:17

Finished Econ...will take up Der next

Plan to complete everything except FRA and Equity by end of March, leave a month for FRA and Equity. The last month will be spent on revisions, mockups and revision.
作者: madaochenggong    时间: 2011-7-11 19:17

Our group has been going since October. We have covered approximately 86% of the material. Only have Derivatives/Portfolio Management left, which will be completed in a little under 3 weeks. From there, it's just review time.
作者: RepoToronto    时间: 2011-7-11 19:17

just finishing up SS10 (i'm going in order)
Took this weekend off - it was definitely worth it.
作者: ningning1984    时间: 2011-7-11 19:17

Done with Econ FRA CF and PM..
作者: DSquaredSlim    时间: 2011-7-11 19:17

Retaker.

Done Corp Fin and Port Man so far, about 1/4 through Equity... Need to get going!
作者: random_walker47    时间: 2011-7-11 19:17

retaker (band 10) Started Nov 1st going straight through CFAI books and EOC questions. Wrapping up Corp Fin now and will start Equities very very soon. Should be done with all readings third week in April with five weeks for hardcore review. Probably in a few weeks I'll start going back to previous readings to do some light review and memorization. Also doing homemade study sheets to help study.... the act of actually making them is great studying alone.

I will not fail this time.
作者: KungFuPanda    时间: 2011-7-11 19:17

Done with SS-01 - SS-04 in the CFAI books and Stalla lectures, passmaster, and books. Feeling pretty good about my prep strategy so far:

I've been scanning through the CFAI books, highlighting crucial formulas and sections, then watching the Stalla lectures and taking notes on the presentations there. After the Stalla video I try to knock out the passmaster the same day or next day, and go through the Stalla workbook as a refresher if I did poorly (<80%) on the Passmaster.

I definitely agree with you LincolnLogs on making your own study sheets - just taking the time to write down formulas or steps to solve problems in your notes or sheets really helps me memorize the material better.
作者: stalkey    时间: 2011-7-11 19:17

FRA, Corporate Finance, Equities, Alternate and Econ all done. Working on Quant. Reading mostly CFAI but some Schweser. Did EOCs for all readings thus far.

I've been at it since November. Failure is not an option.
作者: sameeragarwal    时间: 2011-7-11 19:17

As a retaker I've a bit more focus this year, and have decided to go through the topics in a customised order. I have CAIA 2 exams in 2 weeks so there has been a bit of overlap in the material fortunately. Last year I exclusively used the Schweser material which in addition to not nearly doing enough study was a massive mistake in my opinion.

I just do the readings first without doing the problems at chapter end. Does anyone else do this?

I'm planning for a study time of approximately 325-350 hours in total.

So far I've covered Ethics; Quants & Econ; Alts & Fixed Income; Derivatives & Port Mgmt. In all that's 44 readings of the 70.

I'm hoping to have Corporate finance done by the end of the week at which point it's a week off to concentrate on CAIA.

The plan is to complete the review of the official cirriculum by the 26th of March

I'll then do a review of the Schweser material which won't be in great detail, hopefully finishing that by the 15th of April.

The remaining time will be spent completing end of chapter problems and mock exams plus revising the material on an ad hoc basis.

Anyone got any thoughts of the effectiveness of this approach?

欢迎光临 CFA论坛 (http://forum.theanalystspace.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2