Board logo

标题: Flash Cards? [打印本页]

作者: lunarfollies    时间: 2011-7-11 19:21     标题: Flash Cards?

So last year I made my own flash cards... anyone use Schweser flashcards and think they are worth the money? Are they just formulas and brief concept summaries.. ...were they helpful?

I am a band ten re-taker trying to get motivated... which means I am familiar with all the concepts but the details are still a bit vague...

thanks all
作者: tarunajwani    时间: 2011-7-11 19:21

I never used the flash cards.
My guess is they are not helpful after March/April
作者: needhelp1700    时间: 2011-7-11 19:21

why is that cfa? cuz going through definitions won't necessarily help you do problems? I can see writing a few equations you're struggling with and carrying them around....I may just do that....
作者: sameeragarwal    时间: 2011-7-11 19:21

I had flash cards for level 1 and they didnt help me much.
Instead I made my own notes/cards from 1)end of chapter summaries (of schweser & CFA), 2)few imp slides from schwesser class and 3)all the tables/matrix (kind of summary) from material.

After having the above notes, I thought I gained least/nothing by reading secret sauce and ones own notes are better than flash cards (assuming u prepare notes to target ur weak areas).

flash cards, i believe, are mostly geared towards summarizing LOS and dealing with them in apr/may doenst seem like great idea

my opinion!
作者: xilinx_altera    时间: 2011-7-11 19:21

Thanks all. Maybe I'll stick with my old set of self made cards and just more where needed. I did find having cards helpful, at least for pure formula type questions
作者: zhaoyp    时间: 2011-7-11 19:21

I have the schweser cards.
Waste of $149.
作者: stalkey    时间: 2011-7-11 19:21

i have the schweser cards and haven't really used them yet. thinking i may have wasted some money here. on the other hand, it took me a long time to create my own cards last year, though i probably learned more in the process.

欢迎光临 CFA论坛 (http://forum.theanalystspace.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2