Board logo

标题: Advice Needed.. [打印本页]

作者: mdfb79    时间: 2011-7-11 19:34     标题: Advice Needed..

Right now I've done about 3000 Qbank questions and about half the EOC questions. I've average 70% on the qbank questions but i have not yet done them in test form. I've been doing them 1 study session at a time. Where do I go from here? I signed up for a mock exam this weekend. I'm having a hard time putting everythign together. I plan on studying 4 hours a week day from here on out and 6--8 on the weekends. Also the week before the test I will take off work and put in 10+plus hour days. How do I tie everything else together? So many formulas to remember. Where do I go from here to improve my scores and tie everything together. I'm getting overwhelmed. Do i just starting pounding out practice exams and memorizing the secret sauce? Or hsould I spend more time on the EOC and finish them and do them another time through?
作者: cv4cfa    时间: 2011-7-11 19:34

No reason to get overwhelmed; you're in great shape. Just keep plugging away at the stuff you're least familiar with... and you'll be fine.
作者: neil1234    时间: 2011-7-11 19:34

Here's an idea. Make a short list (by short, I mean <10) of areas you need to work on.

For instance, on my desktop, I have a sticky note that tells me to remember cross-rate bid/ask spread arbitrage, VIE and SPE distinction between GAAP and IFRS, Int'l Fischer-PPP-Int Rate Parity-foreign exchange expectation, etc.

Other than that, you're good.
作者: YAhmed    时间: 2011-7-11 19:34

It's all item set questions. This means that there is a reading of a couple pages (called a vignette), and then six questions relating to it. There are 10 item sets in the morning and 10 more in the afternoon. It is a less forgiving format as you get tested on less material, so if you don't know one of the parts being tested, you have less opportunity to make it up.
作者: firat    时间: 2011-7-11 19:34

wow, I had no idea. That sucks. That means there won't be any of those easy questions, such as definitions and stuff.
作者: Kapie    时间: 2011-7-11 19:34

Keep working on those questions. Keep reading and re-reading areas you can improve on. No excuses.

NO EXCUSES
作者: xilinx_altera    时间: 2011-7-11 19:34

cpk123 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> david hetherington speaks???

Yes he does! What he is saying has truth to it.

NO EXCUSES

欢迎光临 CFA论坛 (http://forum.theanalystspace.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2