Board logo

标题: Hit List - Most Important Topics [打印本页]

作者: stockjaguar    时间: 2011-7-11 20:07     标题: Hit List - Most Important Topics

What would you say the most important / most likely to be tested topics are for level 2?
作者: Rasec    时间: 2011-7-11 20:08

I don't mean to be a douche, but the CFAI actually posts the answer to this question on their website.
作者: tarunajwani    时间: 2011-7-11 20:08

Ethics
Alt Assets
Quant
FRA
Equities
Derivatives
Corp Finance
Fixed Income
Port Mgmt
Econ

Good luck.
作者: firat    时间: 2011-7-11 20:08

Guess you misunderstood the post - I know what percentages each book will be tested at.

I am wondering what specific LOS's people think we will likely see on the exam. Some will obviously not be tested. If you were to create a "Hit List" of LOS's to concentrate on, which ones would they be?
作者: brainsX    时间: 2011-7-11 20:08

They didn't test us on temporal vs. all-current last year, so I'd bet a large sum of money that you guys and gals will see that this year.

You can thank me later.
作者: SFoyil    时间: 2011-7-11 20:08

naaah...my money is on the new chapter- reading 44. Private Company Valuation. I am expecting one huge question on that.
作者: sameeragarwal    时间: 2011-7-11 20:08

Right - what fun would it be to write a new chapter & not test it?

I'm actually expecting readings 40-44 to be hit hard. The exam theme is "valuation" and that is what these readings are. The rest of equity is fairly easy with the exception of some of the EM stuff. Not to say the valuations are difficult; certainly more tedious though.
作者: SpyAli    时间: 2011-7-11 20:08

If I were you guys, I'd do a search from right after last year's test (in the midst of all the debate over questions, there were a few threads that listed the topics that weren't tested - I'd obviously slightly overweight those topics in my studies if I were you).
作者: onelife1    时间: 2011-7-11 20:08

Maybe everything. There I consolidated it for you Banj, haha.
作者: mp3bu    时间: 2011-7-11 20:08

I say CURRENCY CURRENCY CURRENCY. It wasn't at all on econ last year, which seriously surprised me.
作者: random_walker47    时间: 2011-7-11 20:08

Major FRA and Equity concepts such as the different consolidation methods, pensions, FX translations, DDM, FCFF/FCFE, RI and comparable company analysis. I'm not going to speculate on whether PE valuation will be on this year's exam, but you should probably know that too.

NO EXCUSES
作者: OmarAdnan    时间: 2011-7-11 20:08

I'm thinking capital structure HAS to be in there; possibly mixed with a M&A vignette
作者: tikfed    时间: 2011-7-11 20:08

I am expecting a vignette on Swaps and swaptions.
作者: luda002    时间: 2011-7-11 20:08

CFASniper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am expecting a vignette on Swaps and swaptions.

Did they have one last year?

If they didnt then I think I will have to reverse my plan of skipping swaps......
作者: MiniMe7    时间: 2011-7-11 20:08

MMI Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> CFASniper Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I am expecting a vignette on Swaps and
> swaptions.
>
>
> Did they have one last year?
>
> If they didnt then I think I will have to reverse
> my plan of skipping swaps......

I can recall at least a few swap related questions, I cant recall if it was a whole vignette.

欢迎光临 CFA论坛 (http://forum.theanalystspace.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2