Board logo

标题: most efficient use of notes and flash cards.... [打印本页]

作者: Andreas42    时间: 2011-7-13 12:01     标题: most efficient use of notes and flash cards....

At this point I'm sure there are lots of people who have accumulated more notes, flash cards, etc than can possibly be reviewed in the final 10 days. I made the mistake of taking too many written notes for level 1 that I never reviewed in final few weeks. However, I find myself in a similar situation this year, albeit with less notes, but still more than I care to admit. Any suggestions on how to best utilize/organize the material so it may help earn a few extra points on game day would be appreciated.

Thanks,

John
作者: tobeornottobe    时间: 2011-7-13 12:02

Don't neglect the stuff you think you know at the slight chance of learning something you don't, would be my advice.
作者: kkn006    时间: 2011-7-13 12:02

open the CFA books. memorize everything. close the books. if you do that, you win.
作者: cv4cfa    时间: 2011-7-13 12:05

600?? Wow, I think I have around 250. I also have about 7 legal pads filled with notes and another 10 that I've used to solve EOC problems.

If you know it cold, throw it away. At this point we shouldn't have notecards for GGM, CAPM, WACC, Beta, etc...

Look for redundancies in your note cards/notes and try to consolidate where possible.
作者: tikfed    时间: 2011-7-13 12:05

I had about 250 until some a-hole stole my backpack out of my car last week
作者: cv4cfa    时间: 2011-7-13 12:06

thanks Chuck. I have a few hundred 3 x 5's and three single subject notebooks. challenge at this point is not gettting sidetracked when focusing on a particular topic, easier said than done. amount of information can quickly become overwhelming and hard to manage. however, seems like if you can do well on FRA, Eqy, and Ethics then you're in the game. pick up few other sections and you'll be in good shape to pass. while there are a lot of quesitons that can be answered conceptually, there are many where you have to know some formula, rule, rate, etc. otherwise, make educateed guess and move. perhaps a thread devoted to 'must memorization' formulas, not very intuiative, where time would be well spent learning the next 1.5 wks. for example

Current Account = exports – imports + net interest income + net transfers

Change in stock price when goes ex-dvd = DVD(1 – DVD tax rt)/(1 – Capital gains tax rate)

欢迎光临 CFA论坛 (http://forum.theanalystspace.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2