Board logo

标题: Slowly freaking out [打印本页]

作者: torontoanalyst    时间: 2011-7-13 13:30     标题: Slowly freaking out

So, i'm busy with Schweser Mocks, and for some reason I just cant bring together everything that's in my head. I get to some questions and I just hit a wall.

I did the CFA EOC's and felt pretty good that I had most of the concepts down, but now it seems like it all just vanished. I'm going back to the readings and trying to absorb some more but at this point I feel like it's a lost cause.

Anyone else in the same boat or got some advice?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at Thursday, May 26, 2011 at 04:17AM by Seraph14.
作者: 5566    时间: 2011-7-13 13:30

yea im freaking out too. ive got huge bags under my eyes, and i think i look liek a druggie lol.

however i believe that by doing all the EOCs your well ahead of the curve. my strategy has been similar as i have solved all eocs twice for now and im thinking of quickly reviweing them a third time if possible. i havent solved a single schweser question on the books or sued qbank as i did for level 1.

i believe my strategy has paid off as ive averaged 75% on both schweser and CFA mocks i have done till now. lets hope it pays off on D-day though which the the only thing that counts..

Good luck
作者: economicz    时间: 2011-7-13 13:30

Yeah, havent used Qbank for level 2 as well, dont it's as useful.

The problem is recalling all this info and not going blank. Think I need to memorize some more formulae and just keep going at it. Though it's hard when your confidence is just not there.

I just hope I dont burn out before the big day, though it kinda feels like I already have.
作者: giants2010    时间: 2011-7-13 13:30

You guys are way ahead- i dont think you guys should worry about it. Just a curious question how long back did you guys start your prep
作者: sameeragarwal    时间: 2011-7-13 13:30

Started in back in mid-Feb, maybe it would have been better if I started as soon as I got my books last year...
作者: liquidity    时间: 2011-7-13 13:30

I was burning out last week and I took 48 hours off and didn't touch a note or think about the exam at all. I went from making stupid mistakes and screwing things up (gettin 50-60 on exams) to sitting down with fresh momentum and scoring in the 70's and 80's. I don't know what or why but a day or two off to just clear my head made a world of difference.
作者: bingbingliang    时间: 2011-7-13 13:30

CFA_Chap Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was burning out last week and I took 48 hours
> off and didn't touch a note or think about the
> exam at all. I went from making stupid mistakes
> and screwing things up (gettin 50-60 on exams) to
> sitting down with fresh momentum and scoring in
> the 70's and 80's. I don't know what or why but a
> day or two off to just clear my head made a world
> of difference.

Wow good for u.i jst cant even seem to relax even for an hr.even at night its taking me 1-2 hours to get to sleep
作者: yodacaia    时间: 2011-7-13 13:30

Prepped for this exam for approximately 4 months, the strategy was to quickly go through schweser without solving anything, just understanding the concepts, followed by a second round of review coupled with EOCs. the third round focused on redoing all the EOCs again. im now at the stage of doing mock exams and brushing on weak areas.

I agree, burnout is major issue, i think keeping a good excersise schedule is critical. today im taking the day off because tommorow im gonna simulate exam day with 6 hours of the dreaded CFA sample exam!!
作者: llxx    时间: 2011-7-13 13:30

'Slowly freaking out' is much better than, say, 'quickly freaking out'.... Yikes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
If you think hiring a professional is expensive...
wait until you've hired an amateur.
作者: SeanWest    时间: 2011-7-13 13:30

I suppose.....freaking out in a controlled manner. Just need to keep it together
作者: bdavi77962    时间: 2011-7-13 13:30

We all freak out. Anyone who doesn't feel some level of anxiety now is overconfident and will most likely bomb the sh!t out of the exam.
作者: WarrenB1    时间: 2011-7-13 13:30

I feel like i dont know anything. I know thats not true as ive done well on mocks (avg like 78 after 5 mocks, including that schweser one that was ridiculous). But i just keep doubting myself. I thinking thats normal. Just gotta keep going till the big day.
作者: Houjichasan    时间: 2011-7-13 13:30

actually, i'm overwhelming. my wife decided to start the renovation of the house today and the contractors are working while i'm working from the basement. How do i survive for the last week before the exam?
作者: SpyAli    时间: 2011-7-13 13:30

nogiveup Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> actually, i'm overwhelming. my wife decided to
> start the renovation of the house today and the
> contractors are working while i'm working from the
> basement. How do i survive for the last week
> before the exam?
go the library myfriend?
作者: random_walker47    时间: 2011-7-13 13:30

Just read the options and swaps sections of derivatives again it and seems to be sticking now. Its the only section i wrote off but i figure i might as well try and get some of it down.

The strategy now is just to keep doing the mocks and reading the sections I need to reinforce. So im putting my chances down to Equity, FSA, Ethics, Corp Fin, Port Mngmt, Economics, hoping to iron out Quant and pick up one or two points from Derivative and FI.

Think I'll see where I stand Sunday evening and decide how next week plays out.

Your guys thoughts?
作者: economicz    时间: 2011-7-13 13:30

It's a good strategy. Just keep plugging and chugging and ironing out the questionable areas.

I'm just doing Schweser Practice Exams right now in halves. I'll do 60 questions, note my mistakes, review my corresponding noes and flashcards, and then do another half practice exam. Wash, rinse, repeat.

I'll sit down early next week and take the full mocks in what I would call simulated test taking conditions. After that I am going to do a heavy review of FSA & Ethics and lightly review everything else and any areas the mocks gave me.
作者: kickthatcfa    时间: 2011-7-13 13:30

I'm leaving the EOC.

Just concentrate on Schweser practice tests. If you know 100% of the tests, then you should be good for the test.
作者: DSquaredSlim    时间: 2011-7-13 13:30

just wondering how many 60-Q sets you guys do each day?

I am beat after 2 sets. I just use remaining time going over weak areas.
作者: Pegasus2008    时间: 2011-7-13 13:30

I only do one a day right now. I'm still working this week so I stick around after hours and hammer out the 60 and then review the rest of the night.
作者: yodacaia    时间: 2011-7-13 13:31

this is my third time taking the level 2 exam...I'm stressed
作者: ap0258    时间: 2011-7-13 13:31

Im definitely freaking out :/ !
作者: ayaz_mahmud369    时间: 2011-7-13 13:31

@passme

I studied the schweser notes, all boiled down to adequate preparation due to work commitments.

欢迎光临 CFA论坛 (http://forum.theanalystspace.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2