Board logo

标题: Excited [打印本页]

作者: wonderfuldream    时间: 2011-7-13 14:16     标题: Excited

Is anyone else starting to get excited? Crunch time is now and I notice my studying finally starting to pay off.
作者: sdada    时间: 2011-7-13 14:16

I'm excited about it being over
But yeah, I know what you mean. Still not at the level I want it to be, obviously, but I finally feel like my brain is retaining some of the material...
作者: evolsteevol    时间: 2011-7-13 14:16

FSA is becoming better now? Really? I need to go over it again, but I'm at a point where I've gone over 90% of the material, but it still feels like I have a weak understanding of everything....

Do you guys know what I mean? I guess I will need to go over it...over everything...about 6 times!!
作者: koba    时间: 2011-7-13 14:16

I felt that way at first but then I realized that I was just being really hard on myself because it's so important to me to pass. Once I relaxed I started absorbing the material a lot more easily and now I find myself able to apply the concepts and understand them.
作者: draz    时间: 2011-7-13 14:17

As I'm sure you've heard many people say- the key is to learn it the material, not memorize it. I have found some really good study guides- including a 4 sheet print out of all the differences between GAAP and IFRS that helped me a lot. I also made flash cards of all the FSA ratios (liquidity, solvency, profitability, etc) and memorized those. Knowing those ratios has helped me be able to piece together a lot of pertinent questions. Let's keep spit balling, it's really helpful.
作者: Bluetick1010    时间: 2011-7-13 14:17

snap -- i have FSA flashcards too - total lifesaver and i'm pretty confident i will be able to nail most of the questions involving ratios. if there's a link online to your GAAP/IFRS differences, that would be awesome.
agree with you on learning vs memorizing. however on tax bases, i'm going down the 'memorizing' route because i just don't get it! but that's one of the only topics in the whole curriculum that i feel that way about, so i figure that's not a disaster...
作者: sgupta0827    时间: 2011-7-13 14:17

I did Taxes from Elan and got about 60% CFAI EOC questions correct ... Am quite unsure of a lot of things there.. but will just go with 60% taxes... I figure if I work on others properly, it wouldn't matter very much.... What about Reading 40,41 and 42? they are highly theory oriented... Are you guys stressing on those?
作者: Penny-wenny    时间: 2011-7-13 14:17

I'm not sure which readings 40, 41, and 42 are... Specify and maybe we can discuss them and clarify for the both of us if I'm having trouble w/ them also... Do either of you feel you have a particular niche ( quant, econ., etc.)? We can use this thread as a study forum to help eachother with our weaknesses if are strengths are complimentary...
作者: Daniel1985    时间: 2011-7-13 14:17

They are the Red Flags, Accounting Shenanigans, FSA - Applications readings... a lot of theory to read... not much logic to understand, most of it is just boring theory... I don't know how much of it we are expected to 'memorize'
I still haven't looked at Ethics and Book 6, but I am fine with most of the other stuff if I have my book in hand (which I wont during the exam, I know but I can try to clear any doubts you may have... ) I do have some of my own doubts too, and if you are willing, we can look at them in this thread...

欢迎光临 CFA论坛 (http://forum.theanalystspace.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2