Board logo

标题: Maximum value for your time [打印本页]

作者: CFA4Techie    时间: 2011-7-13 16:37     标题: Maximum value for your time

Do you agree that Alternative Investment gets maximum value for your time. It is 5-15% with only 145 pages and not that complex like ethics.
作者: yodacaia    时间: 2011-7-13 16:37

good point
作者: BelalM    时间: 2011-7-13 16:37

I don't think so. I believe last year there was only 1 vignette. 6 questions. All private equity. There was no hedge funds, real estate, etc. I was SOL when that vignette came.

I always think FSA is best bang for your buck.
作者: jarobi04    时间: 2011-7-13 16:37

I disagree. Ethics is the best bank for your buck, especially since you've covered the standards in L1. It is guaranteed to show up on two item sets.

NO EXCUSES
作者: YAhmed    时间: 2011-7-13 16:37

well if yall wanna get that much into it, FSA is the least amount of pages per % point of the exam. wouldnt that equal the most bang for the buck? Ethics only becomes important if you are on the verge of passing.
作者: MiniMe7    时间: 2011-7-13 16:37

I disagree with you, BPD. In my view, the marginal benefit of each minute studying ethics is lower than most other sections (assuming you are at the 60-70% level already). But I know a lot of studs that share your view, so don't listen to me.

I just wish there was a list of the 100 ethics 'gotchas'--you know, the curveballs that they use to test your understanding of ethics per CFAI that have about zero bearing on your actual integrity...[/soapbox]
作者: liquidity    时间: 2011-7-13 16:37

The more I study Equities, FRA, etc... the better I do. There is no judgment call when it comes to calculating RI, FCFF, CFO, etc.. It is what it is. Ethics is so damn ambiguous. Even if I had my Ethics book in front of me for the exam I would still probably fail the section. My mind just doesn't work like that. I like concrete numbers and facts.
作者: sameeragarwal    时间: 2011-7-13 16:37

Yes... but you are neglecting the "ethics" swing vote... def ethics.
作者: SFoyil    时间: 2011-7-13 16:37

The+1Guy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> jmhatlanta Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Yes... but you are neglecting the "ethics"
> swing
> > vote... def ethics.
>
> +1
>
> I agree, I'm saving Friday as a day to completely
> re-read Ethics (exam is on Sunday in Australia so
> we get an extra day :-) and then Saturday is a
> rest day.
>
> For me this is important because I discovered a
> new reading yesterday!! While doing the PM sample
> exam I came across a few questions which I didn't
> recognise. After the exam I checked the Ethics
> book, and discovered a reading (in amongst the
> case studies) which I had completely skipped over.
> So Friday will be an important day for me!
>

What kinda question ws tht? They wont test the specifics of cases right? So i didnt go thru it thoroughly either

欢迎光临 CFA论坛 (http://forum.theanalystspace.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2