Board logo

标题: Doubt from Reading "Working Capital Management" [打印本页]

作者: kim226    时间: 2011-8-28 08:12     标题: Doubt from Reading "Working Capital Management"

Hi all,

I was going through the end of reading questions from Reading 48 i.e. "Working Capital Management"

In Questions 2 & 3, for the calculation of Inventory turnover, just the Inventory Ending Balance has been considered instead of the Average Inventory i.e. (Beginning Balance + Ending Balance) / 2

Isn't this incorrect?
作者: OmarAdnan    时间: 2011-8-28 08:18

yes this is correct .
inventory turnover might be calculated using formula prescribed above because the information in the question would be limited ( avg inventory could not be calculated ), so in scenario when the information is limited , you can calculate use the formula given above . else vice versa( if complete information provided you have to take avg inventory for calculating Inventory turnover)
Cheers
作者: Iginla2010    时间: 2011-8-28 08:23

yes this is correct .
inventory turnover might be calculated using formula prescribed above because the information in the question would be limited ( avg inventory could not be calculated ), so in scenario when the information is limited , you can calculate use the formula given above . else vice versa( if complete information provided you have to take avg inventory for calculating Inventory turnover)
Cheers
作者: liquidity    时间: 2011-8-28 08:29

Hi Manankhan,

In the question both Beginning Inventory Balance and Ending Inventory Balance was given, so I was just wondering on why the calculation was done that way.

欢迎光临 CFA论坛 (http://forum.theanalystspace.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2