Board logo

标题: Study Material from CFA Institute [打印本页]

作者: cchang    时间: 2013-4-1 12:28     标题: Study Material from CFA Institute

I don’t personally know anyone who has studied only from the CFA Instiute study material.
Most people I know purchase 3rd party material, not because CFA Institute Study material is poor quality, but the fact is, the material is bulky, tedious and hence useless. Instead of making the material more releavant, useful and usable, the institute decided to force you to pay for the material and kill thousands of trees.
Does anyone else agree that the instiute should not mandate purchase of the material. (They don’t make you purchase it, but increased the exam fee which includes material cost, hence they indirectly made you purchase it)
One of the arguments they present is, many students confuse the 3rd party material as official curriculum and don’t know about the CFA Institute Official curriculum and material. That’s a ridiculous point to make. If they really care, why not make their material available for download or accessible online for registered members.
My suggestion to CFA institute is, keep the purchase of material optional. That will reduce the fees by atleast $200 to $300. Save some trees. My study material is still fresh and unused. I bet nobody would pay more than $30 for all 5 books on ebay. It’s that bad. I studied from Schewser material, and it rocks. Learn something from them. Its called art of precis writing.

Don’t worry, by making comments about CFA institute policies, you are not in any kind of ethical violations. I am pretty sure about that.

欢迎光临 CFA论坛 (http://forum.theanalystspace.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2