Board logo

标题: Reading 3 Information - two questions [打印本页]

作者: ashycal    时间: 2013-4-1 14:23     标题: Reading 3 Information - two questions

1. For those who have read it, is there any new information in this chapter that is not already in Readings 1 and 2? It looks like a super mundane and boring summary of the code and standards that wouldn’t be a good use of time now.
2. On the second summary page of that reading (page 224), for Standard IV it says addItional compensation needs WRITTEN CONSENT but for Standard VI it says all compensation and consideration should be DISCLOSED to employer.
So which is it?
I actually noticed this discrepancy as well in example 7 page 129, where the comment says Carter should merely DISCLOSE to his employer his arrangement with the broker/dealer.
作者: rohitdoshi    时间: 2013-4-1 14:23

After reading Ethics for the 10th time ever since I started the program, I believe Additional Compensation was meant to cover bonuses paid to portfolio managers by their clients in order to avoid unfair treatment.
If the PM wanted to get a job at McDonalds on the side, he should seek permission from his employer only if it requires a significant time commitment. Otherwise, I believe disclosure is appropriate.
作者: soverby    时间: 2013-4-1 14:23

right but in the example i referenced above, the guy uses a broker/dealer to his advantage (i.e. not a mcdonalds job) and it says he has to disclose this to his employer.
exam questions where the choices are a) acted appropriately b) may accept but needs to disclose or c) must obtain written consent will be the worst

欢迎光临 CFA论坛 (http://forum.theanalystspace.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2