Board logo

标题: Schweser Sample Exam 1 IPS question [打印本页]

作者: willsucceed    时间: 2013-4-12 21:45     标题: Schweser Sample Exam 1 IPS question

anyone else have an issue with the return calc in first IPS question? how can you have 1/3 of your expenses (medical expenses for daughter) increasing at 5% and still use only 2% as your inflation number?
作者: mp3bu    时间: 2013-4-12 21:45

yeah they just simply ignore the medical inflation and I used the 5% ….ofcourse my calc was wrong …
作者: suyash1989    时间: 2013-4-12 21:45

I left out the 5% inflation on the medical expenses, which ultimately gets you close to the number: 5.0% instead of 5.1%. You’d get partial credit for this if it was the real exam.
The Schweser methodology on this appears consistent with what CFAI actually computes.
While I agree that many of the Schweser questions are vague and difficult to interpret, I don’t think this IPS really falls into that category. It was pretty straightforward. Other parts of this morning session were more misleading.
作者: Sunshine4ever    时间: 2013-4-12 21:46

How’d you guys do on this exam overall - I just finished it as my first practice exam - 68% on both sections, so still a lot of work to do. Went 0-12 on behavioral finance.
I’m starting to panic and this wasn’t the confidence booster I was looking for!
作者: Swanand    时间: 2013-4-12 21:46

I got one q back after checking the errata, so a 70 in afternoon gets me to an average of 69 - an awful position to be in with less than three weeks to go…
作者: Chuckrox8    时间: 2013-4-12 21:46

ilvino, that’s not bad… I got an 80 on the afternoon and a, gulp, 63 in the morning. Got killed on behavioral and, well, most everything essay. Three weeks to get the bad stuff out of our systems.

欢迎光临 CFA论坛 (http://forum.theanalystspace.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2