Board logo

标题: Shocked at the results - why is re-calculating your score an [打印本页]

作者: hariRaj    时间: 2013-8-16 12:19     标题: Shocked at the results - why is re-calculating your score an

I was being cautious but really thought I was close to 80% on that exam.  Failed at band 6.  Thought I scored 100% (with one or two errors) on Equity and FRA, but got <=50 on both.  Only score above 70 was ethics, which I thought I bombed.
It’s all jumbled … I’m in complete shock.  There is literally no way this is a mistake, right?  (says the typical deluded failed candidate).  
Does anyone know WHY the CFA offers the opportunity to retabulate? As in, why is that an option if it never makes a difference.
作者: canadiananalyst    时间: 2013-8-16 12:21

That is scary. The only way I can figure that would happen is if you filled in bubbles wrong somehow. Otherwise they could have mixed up test scores which I hope to god I didn’t get your results and yours mine somehow.
作者: yalo    时间: 2013-8-16 12:22

How were you doing on the mocks simply?
作者: BC_MBA_student    时间: 2013-8-16 12:23

Around 70ish, maybe a little higher.  I feel like such a tool because I wasn’t even studying much in the past week because I thought I KNEW the material.
The quant and econ sections are the biggest shocks.  I remember being sure I got virtually all of those questions correct… and yet <=50 on both as well?  
I was just googling about the retabulation and I can’t find a single example of someone getting things overturned so that’s depressing.
作者: soverby    时间: 2013-8-16 12:26

I am shocked as well. Is it possible from band 8 last year to band 2? I was pretty confident when I got out of that exam! Yes, am going for a re-tabulation!!!!
作者: wilslm    时间: 2013-8-16 12:27

Has any1 ever succeeded in a re-calculation?
作者: badonkus    时间: 2013-8-16 12:29

I’d really like to know that as well…
I failed band 7, 2nd time retaker, I was pretty confident when I left the exam and I thought they didn’t have a lot of traps this year. Now I completely forgot what there was in the exam apart from a few questions, so I can’t really say if the results are realistic.
I know I had erased a couple of answers in ethics and left some marks, but that’s not going to bring me to a pass!
I’m actually quite happy to leave CFA life in exchange for more free time and a social life, the most painful thing right now is telling all those people that I didn’t pass, especially after saying that I had a good feeling about this exam…
So I’m very curious, has anyone had any changes at all in the results after a retabulation?
作者: pawn    时间: 2013-8-16 12:34

Cheese Farmer Association
Christian Fellowship Assembly
Comic Fanatic Association
Colleagues & Friends Appreciation
California Fraternal Association
Centre For Astrophysic
Cubby Female Alliance
^_^
作者: profil    时间: 2013-8-16 12:35

CFA = Chicken For Alladin.
作者: mar350    时间: 2013-8-16 12:36

You are right, I am naive, I apologise to the dedicated cheese farmer.
If I were you I would definitely pay the $100 for the retabulation, sounds like you got screwed.
作者: himanshumh    时间: 2013-8-16 12:37

It stands for Chick-Fil-A.
And I’m pretty sure that’s an intentional joke of a signature; who really gives an isht even if it isn’t. It’s not like he is putting his analyst forum posts on a resume for people to look at.
作者: luda002    时间: 2013-8-16 12:38

Just to follow up on what other people have said…I failed Band 5.
I was crushing the EOC’s and did really well with the mock. I have no clue what happened, am still in shock. Yes ethics was hard but felt very confident on the other sections. This makes no sense. I was able to identify lots of traps and tricks and change my answers accordingly. I studied straight from the CFAI text.
I know retab is a long shot but for $100 the risk/reward ratio is pretty good. I feel awful today don’t know if I should give up with this damn program.
I knew the concepts, formulas, rules, exceptions, all of that crap failing makes no sense.
作者: AnalystAlan    时间: 2013-8-16 12:39

i know it must feel pretty awful, but if you are looking for someone to give your money, why not donate it to the Red cross?  There has been no known case of a successful retabulation and it is probably in CFAI’s interest to keep things this way
作者: ryanlb    时间: 2013-8-16 12:40

a retab only gets a person to handmark you scantron answer sheet to the scantron answer key that they are provided.  the odds that there are more than one or two differing answers are practically non existent unless you erassed your entire way through the exam.
i feel for you as I always wondered whether the issues with the CFAI’s sloppy practice tests could potentially transfer to the actual exam and its answer key(s)
作者: dyga    时间: 2013-8-16 12:44

From previous threads about retabulation, there is no remarking of your answers. They simply have someone look at your scantron sheet and tally up the ones marked correct, as opposed to having the computer count your correct answers the first time around. If it makes you feel better, pay 100$, but I think you have a good attitude with “it’s not the end of the world”, because it really isn’t.
作者: malbec    时间: 2013-8-16 12:45

Think I would go for retab in your situation. The problem is that if you really knew your stuff you may have screwed up when filling out the ovals and a retab would not help there.
I know myself and if I thought there was an 80% chance I passed, then I passed.
作者: jcole21    时间: 2013-8-16 12:46

I would recommend you to go for retabulation. But I have real doubts that you might have fallen in every trap that they set up.
作者: ayaz_mahmud369    时间: 2013-8-16 12:47

I failed lvl 2 once and like many of you here, i got a band 10 fail…and the first thing that comes to my mind is of course to retabulate the results…after paying the $100, i feel that i am an idiot (cos i failed the exam and to make thing worse, i paid $100 for something that would not change anything). The $100 could have been use to treat your best friend/family.. You may have failed the exam, but at least your $100 gained you true happiness/support from your friends and familes…Both you and i know, it is highly unlikely that they will change the results…
作者: tobeornottobe    时间: 2013-8-16 12:48

Sample CFAI Response:
As requested, your ……… CFA?examination was manually retabulated to ensure that no errors were made in the scoring of your examination.
Your answer sheets were verified by candidate number and name. Your marked answers were compared to the answer key and your score was compared to your score in the CFA Institute computer database.
No errors were found and your original score remains unchanged.
This is very important, “Your marked answers were compared to the answer key and your score was compared to your score in the CFA Institute computer database”

欢迎光临 CFA论坛 (http://forum.theanalystspace.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2