上一主题:ECON: Rising entitlement payments...
下一主题:Inflation and asset returns (On Page 91, Book 2 of Schweser)
返回列表 发帖

Finally passed Level III on my third attempt. What did I do

I have finally passed Level III on my third attempt. What did I do differently this year in comparison to the last two year?
? I studied to ace the exam and not just to pass
o In 2008 I failed in the 10th band, did not want to take any chances this year
? I concentrated on the Schweser Study notes after I read the CFA text. I used both and made my own notes to reinforce the LOS
? The Schweser study notes helped me understand the key points that needed to be written in the essay to get points
? I revised with the Schweser Slides since the LOS are written in points and my own notes that I used to revise 8-10 times a day in the last 2 weeks. This helped me understand and reinforce the key points.
? I practiced the CFA text questions at least once
? I was a part of a study group where we graded each other’s papers and gave feedback
? I used to practice writing all the formulas
o Till the last 1 month I was losing all my points since I knew only 90% of the formula. Do not give away easy points, make sure you know all your formulas well
? I practiced all the 6 practice exams from Schweser and 3 past years exams
o Took the first practice exam 1 month prior to the exam
? I took the 16 week online review course with schweser
? Read the CFA text at least once
? Wrote the essay section in points
? I practiced the multiple choice questions from the 6 Practice exams twice , Once in an exam environment for 6 hours (AM and PM Section)and once as practice since I knew if I ace that I will pass since it’s impossible to ace the essay questions
o I got above 70% in all the topics in the Item sets that is what helped me pass
? I practiced all the case studies for IPS for Individuals and Institutions in the CFa text and Schweser study notes, practice exams and past year exams at least twice
? The key is repetition and practice and you will definitely pass

返回列表
上一主题:ECON: Rising entitlement payments...
下一主题:Inflation and asset returns (On Page 91, Book 2 of Schweser)