返回列表 发帖
I am a Level III candidate in Dallas trying to find a role that will eventually lead to portfolio mgt. Unfortunately jobs like this are scarce to begin with here (currently in an ops role supporting a major investment bank trading desk). Every headhunter I come across is clueless on the CFA designation or is mildly aware that it is hard. Most have been no help and can't seem to get a grasp on what I am looking for. Has anyone else had this problem? I think most shops here are small, anyone have any tips regarding career opportunities at these?

Headhunters are worthless dicks who do not know how to sell their candidates to their clients because most of them are not finance trained without the respective qualifications, MBA (Finance), CFA.
Furthermore, they only focus on your current experience and failed to see your past working experience which may result in corelational experiences with the role you want to get into.

CFA=NOLIFE ---> if you want to get into Product Control, u r in a good position. They love people in big 4s, if you could add a CPA, they'll absolutely fall head over heels for u.
I hate being in PC and would like to move into portfolio mgmt but no avail.

AC

you just have to find right recruiters. Some of them (a lot of them) are worthless, some of them just can't help because there are very few front office opening and many very qualified candidates.

Being at big 4 I get constant calls/emails, but as soon as I say "no product control or financial reporting please", they can't help much. But a few want to stay in touch, as they can't help now, but have interesting position now and then.

I really think there are two ways: waiting for right position to open at right time; or go back to school (top 10-20 MBA).

pimpineasy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> CPAbeatsCFA Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > headhunters are worthless
>
>
> ur much better or with raiders n wyverns in your
> army ...........their hp n attack rates are too
> low

Its ok if he chooses BM as the first shot and upgrd HH fully

thanks shot you an email

thanks rolo, ive seen some of your posts and have seen your in a similar spot. i dont post on here often but is there a way to send private messages?

headhunters are worthless

返回列表