返回列表 发帖

Can some level 3 candidates advice me??

Now that i passed my level 1, can someone tell me if level 2 is way too tough than level 1. Also i m working full time. I am planning to start studying from October. I m planning to use schweser notes and Eoc questions from CFA textbook. Is that fine?. Also why do most people find level 2 so difficult to pass?? Is it becoz of lack or preparation or is it becoz the material is too tough to understand for avg students??

manchester88 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Now that i passed my level 1, can someone tell me
> if level 2 is way too tough than level 1. Also i m
> working full time. I am planning to start studying
> from October. I m planning to use schweser notes
> and Eoc questions from CFA textbook. Is that
> fine?. Also why do most people find level 2 so
> difficult to pass?? Is it becoz of lack or
> preparation or is it becoz the material is too
> tough to understand for avg students??

to be honest, i didn't think the level 2 material was that much harder than level 1, but it's certainly still harder. as i and others believe, the CFA curriculum isn't rocket science, and you don't need to be super good at math to complete it (e.g., there's no complex calculus).

I also think Level 2 candidates in general work in the industry, so they're busy with their jobs, family, etc. and although it's not rocket science, there is still A LOT to study and memorize. this, in my opinion, are the reasons why level 2 is tough.

how many hours? this is so subjective as it depends on how quick you learn; how good your retention is; your schedule etc. you're working full-time,? you need to start earlier than level 1, that's the only thing that's certain.

Seven hundred hours doesn't surprise me. I didn't keep track of my hours, but I think it was also close to 700.

and, like somebody else said, just suck it up and put in the hours. if you're not willing to take sometime for the exam, then perhaps you should save your money (that's if you haven't registered yet)--honestly.

Schweser good enough? yes, i and many others have passed with schweser alone .( i did ALL questions in the notes + some advanced/intermediate qbank questions + all mocks).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at Monday, August 1, 2011 at 07:14AM by daveyc18.

700 hours sounds reasonable. I did less, and failed. I guess it could well take 700 hours to get through the entire curriculum and all those EOC questions (plus some "notes" and "mock exams").

If I try once more I'd definitely use a log sheet.

maxmeomeo Wrote:
> 700 hours? are you serious? Did you keep track of
> your time i.e a time log sheet? 4 months and
> 700hrs are equal to how many hours per day?

I think I used about 700 hours to study L2 this time as well. Started in Dec and studied whenever I have a chance.. weekends, after work on weekdays, on the train. It was totally no life. I'm glad I passed otherwise it would be a nightmare to pick up the material again.

I don't think I will start studying for L3 until sept. Does anyone know when schweser note 2012 comes out?

keep a log sheet, it does wonders in keeping you focused throughout those trying months.

suck it up and get too work. that simple. NO EXCUSES!

700 hours? are you serious? Did you keep track of your time i.e a time log sheet? 4 months and 700hrs are equal to how many hours per day?

I passed it from the 1st attempt. Used schweser for 4 months, CFAI books for revision (1 month) and solved as many mocks as i could (schweser and CFAI mocks 2009-2011). I did around 700 hrs to be honest.. Did get the best scores even BUT it's a pass and ill definitely take it .. good luck ..

passme Wrote:
> even with the relatively tougher curriculum, level
> II still alow ~40% of people to pass.
> This means the MPS for level II is lower than that
> of level I.

What's the passrate for first-time takers? I've read many posts where people write having made several attempts (2 - 4 attempts). Surely (hopefully) those who have tried four times are relatively over-represented among the 40% who pass? I've missed it several times myself and hope that if I were to try again my chances would be greater if I tried again since I would have studied the curriculum like three times....

The most difficult situation is when you've missed it on your FIRST attempt and retake it the following year because you think /hope/ you'll remember more from the first round than you actually do at the same time you recognize "everything" in the curriculum and feel thoroughly fed-up by having to pay up and focus that hard for anonther full year so you end up not giving it your best shot, maybe you're using some old books (like not renewing your Schweser notes) or skimp over the odd section and therefore end up missing the Level II exam once more. Seems not to be a totally uncommon scenario.

even with the relatively tougher curriculum, level II still alow ~40% of people to pass.
This means the MPS for level II is lower than that of level I.

返回列表