返回列表 发帖

Goto Page: 1234Next Current Page: 1 of 4

I strongly believe that must be the cas, given the ridiculous bunch of crap I just received from CFAI.

It seems I'm under investigation due to suspected cheating during the exam, which of course is totally false. The explanation from the bright proctor who sent the report is full of empty statements like:

"At XX:XX I notized the candidate looking up frequently": Soooo!!!??

"From XX:XX to XX:XX (around 15 minutes) I observed the frequency of the can looking up and scanning the room looking toward (at least he doesn't say "to")" can XX", the one on my front left. I was lightly shifted to the left precisely because the space between my row and the one on my right was very narrow and didn't want to take any chances of the proctors thinking I was looking to the guy on my right.

"At XX:XX the can made eye contact with me for 5 seconds". maybe I was thinking why the f were you staring at me.

"From XX:XX to XX:XX (like 10 minutes) can XX shifted his body 7 times". Well, the chairs where horrible, I was nervous... what the @#$%&!!?

"At XX:XX can XX (the one on my left) took a bathroom break and <me> looked to his sheet as the proctor took it. I can't tell if the answers were visible". Really!? I guess somebody moving by my side just got my attention, so what? Besides, why didn't you asked the other proctor if the answers were visible?? Which woouldn't be my fault, anyways. And I don't even remember if there was someboby on my left. I also wonder how he can tell whether I was looking precisely at the sheet from a 20 feet distance.

At least he says he only saw me looking at that candidate (wasn't it the sheet in the proctor's hands??) when he went to the bathroom. The rest of the time I supposedly looked toward the seat on my left front. I would like to know how am I supposed to look at the guy's sheet from behind and a nearly 3 meters distance. By the way, I'm myopic and wouldn't be able to see the answers even if he was holding the sheet in the air for me.

The funny thing is that everything happened during am session. It seems that the proctor got laid during lunch break and stopped being a dick, or that I magically learned a lot and didn't need to cheat anymore.

By the way, nobody approached me during the exam. This letter is the first notice I got.

Now it seems that I have one month to defend myself against this @#$%&, and I don't really know what to say. It's my word against that of a bored proctor, I obviously don't remember every move I did during that time and there's little I can say besides I din't do anything wrong.

Does any of you ever received something like this? any advise?

It's unfair and ridiculous enough just having to defend one's self against such empty accusations, but if I get suspended or punished in any way for this I will kill somebody... And of course CFAI and all it's designations can burn in hell.

Question is, would those who receive a mail for PCP investigation, still get email sent to expect results on July 26? I think they do but Id like to ask Fdez.

Definitely worst feeling ever :/ !

I sympathize with you; one of the worst feelings in the world is having to face entirely false accusations. And it doesnt help when some d**** have the attitude of "why would they report someone if he didnt cheat", "theres no smoke without fire" bla bla bla.

And in this case , is it a case of someone free to throw around accusations without being punished if found to have lied?

The first step is PCP will investigate the proctors statement AND your response. After that they will decide whether to consider you guilty, in which case you get a statement of allegations, or to consider you not guilty. So you still have time and until you get a formal statement of allegations, you have not been judged guilty.

stingreye Wrote:
>
> WARNING FOR TEST TAKERS - LOOKING AT THE PROCTOR
> IS HAZARDOUS!
> Having taught a couple classes, I hate to say it
> but the easiest way to spot a cheater is if they
> keep looking at me. Most guilty culprits need to
> be careful they are not being watched so they have
> to look at the teacher/proctor. So for these
> exams, you really should not look at the proctor.
> It does make you look guilty and it is a sign
> teachers/proctors look for when they look for
> cheating. I guarantee that is part of their
> training. I was taught that if someone keeps
> looking then go behind them so they cannot tell
> you are monitoring their behavior. It does not
> mean they are cheating but it is a red flag.

Problem is when a proctor takes an observation: "he was looking at me" and interprets it as "he was cheating".

Mate, this sounds like a nightmare... It's possible you reminded this proctor (aka little Hitler) of someone... Like an ex boyfriend or something. If I were you (and truly innocent) I'd contact a lawyer. Its a very serious thing to have your integrity questioned.

Im assuming im not sure though..he'd still get the email but they wouldnt correct his paper until he proves the opposite of what was written ... again im assuming..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at Wednesday, June 29, 2011 at 09:10PM by Bilal.

Man that's cold blooded if they give you results and then take them away

MissCleo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Did you still get the email about the release date
> at least? I'm curious if they will give you
> results

I still think he gets an email..

Did you still get the email about the release date at least? I'm curious if they will give you results

Some things I would add in your letter is the following:

1) It really doesn't make sense for you to copy off another test takers exam. Most people taking the exam fail. So if you cheated, copying another students answer is pointless.

2) You likely wrote a lot in the exam book. Ask them to examine your book where you showed your work and would show you had little motive to cheat because you were more prepared that any student you would be cheating off of.

3) The test is under a time constraint, the likelihood of seeing the question you need on a near by test taker and having the time to pull it off, is likely low.

I REALLY don't see how someone can cheat by copying off another person's test for this exam unless there is a co-conspirator that you can "share" your answers with. Even then, with time constraints and the fact that SOMEONE needs to know the answer, I am not sure it would be effective. Your best defense in my opinion is a strong score with detailed "work" in the booklet.

As an FYI, on level 1 the proctor did come up to me and asked me to cover my answers and not write them as large better because someone was looking at my answers. It may have just been the proctors reaction to my test taking style (I write in large letters the answer and box it when its a final answer, that way when I fill out the scan tron I avoid the urge to read anything other than filling it in).

Good luck.

And one bit of advice for all test takers:

WARNING FOR TEST TAKERS - LOOKING AT THE PROCTOR IS HAZARDOUS!
Having taught a couple classes, I hate to say it but the easiest way to spot a cheater is if they keep looking at me. Most guilty culprits need to be careful they are not being watched so they have to look at the teacher/proctor. So for these exams, you really should not look at the proctor. It does make you look guilty and it is a sign teachers/proctors look for when they look for cheating. I guarantee that is part of their training. I was taught that if someone keeps looking then go behind them so they cannot tell you are monitoring their behavior. It does not mean they are cheating but it is a red flag.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at Wednesday, June 29, 2011 at 05:32PM by stingreye.

返回列表