上一主题:Elan Guides's question bank difficulty level ??
下一主题:CPA needed to Answer swap liability question?
返回列表 发帖

Queries on obtaining the CFA charter

I am planning to appear for CFA L1 in Dec this year. However, certain queries come to mind before I make the decision to go ahead.
CFA charterholders and seniors - please guide.
1) Does the 4 year experience requirement have to be recent? Can it be old experience? What if one has 4 years of related workex, but not currently working in the investments area.
2) It is written on the CFA website that you also need 2 sponsors to recommend you for the membership. Do these two need to be from the current / old organizations? Do I need to know them? Please elaborate more on this.
3) Do I need to become a member of the CFA Institute (paying $275) now while appearing for the exams or after completing all levels?
4) It is also mentioned that we need to be a member of a local CFA society to be a charterholder. What society is this? and what is the procedure for this membership? Is there a separate fee for this? I am from India.
Thanks

usj2 wrote:
Yes, this is a separate CFA society. There will be separate CFA societies where you’re located. The one I found for India after a 5-second Google search was this: http://www.cfasociety.org/india/Pages/default.aspx
I’d add:
if your place of business is more than 50 miles from the nearerst CFA society, you are allowed to skip  that membership  and save the $$$ (or rupees in your case)
you don’t necessarily need to join the closest CFA society, some people shop around and find one with lower dues

It need not be recent, as long as you have a combined 4 year relevant experience.
Sponsors needed: One would be your direct supervisor to verify your current duties & responsibilities, the other would be a CFA charterholder and member.
No need to join now, join after you pass all levels if you wish.
Yes, this is a separate CFA society. There will be separate CFA societies where you’re located. The one I found for India after a 5-second Google search was this: http://www.cfasociety.org/india/Pages/default.aspx
Hope it helps!

People are studying, and the non-studiers don’t feel like responding

No one here to guide me?

返回列表
上一主题:Elan Guides's question bank difficulty level ??
下一主题:CPA needed to Answer swap liability question?