返回列表 发帖

MINIMUM PASSING SCORE - JUNE 2013

Hey All,
How is everyone feeling about Level1 this past Saturday? I felt “good” coming out of the exam… however, word on the street is that securing a 70% is a guaranteed pass. That is, one can get 72 questions wrong and still pass.
Any thoughts about getting possibly 80 wrong and still passing? AKA scoring 66.7%?

Let me tell you that I really doubt that the MPS will be 64.
Unless I am really wrong, that would make more than 30%-40% of people pass the exam IMO.

Regarding the ethics adjustment, another site studied the June 2012 Level I exam. Of all people that responded to the survey, nobody got less than 50% in Ethics (or FRA) and passed Level I. That only includes a group of people that shared their results, and not the entire population of Level I test takers.
Approximately half of those that passed got 70% or less in Quant, Economics, Derivatives and Alternatives.
We’re not going to know the MPS, but I think all reasonable estimates have it between 64 and 68.

If you’re on the cusp (mid-high 60%), it’s your score in ethics that will determine if you pass or not.  They use some kind of weighting to either put you over, or put you down.

Anyone think the MPS could be 64%? I’ve read a ton of speculation.

We’ll get an e-mail from CFA about the result date in a few days. Usually it’s in the 3rd-4th week of July. And we’ll get our result through e-mail.

When is the earliest that we can expect the results?
And how do we get them, by mail or email?

I’m in the same boat - either barely passed or barely failed.
I ran short on time and had to guess for a majority of the econ/derivs&alts sections.
Assuming I averaged 70% in all categories and got 1/3 on econ/derivs&alts, historically would this be a passing score?

I feel like I either passed by a slim margin or failed by a slim margin. I definitely didn’t knock it out of the park but I didn’t bomb it…. so I guess we’ll see. It would really be unpleasant to have to take it in December.

I would feel super confident if the MPS was 65%. There were SO many questions that I narrowed down to 2 possible anwsers. Luckily i read the entire CFAI material 2x over. I dont know how Kaplan or Elan users got the questions that were soooo clearly hidden in the CFAI material…you really had to read with a fine tooth comb.

返回列表