上一主题:How to get a sponsor?
下一主题:邮件没收到,忐忑中
返回列表 发帖

Creighton University CFA Boot Camp

Hi All,

Before you all jump down my throat, I did a search and found very little information on the Creighton University CFA Boot Camp. Just curious for those that did the boot camp for Level 3, what was your impression of the program? Was it worth it? Pros/Cons?

I am interested in signing up for the 2012 Level 3 boot camp, but before I commit, I wanted to get reviews from people that actually went to the camp.

Thanks!

make sure you're well into your review prior to arrival. That will help you get the max benefit
www.cxbzg18.comwww.kmnj.orgwww.cxzjjt.comwww.wpbyz168.comwww.cchunvip.com

like i said, i didn't kill ips, but i did a lot better than had i not rec'd guidance from marc l. i finished the a.m. w/ plenty of time but went back and probably changed 3-4 answers. i was writing down my last change as time expired. time is definitely an issue at l3 - wasn't an issue at all at the other levels. also, i thought i nailed the a.m. and bombed the p.m. - turned out to be the opposite.

Essay
Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70%
1 Portfolio Management - Individual 15 * - -
2 Portfolio Management - Individual 23 - * -
3 Portfolio Management - Institutional 26 - * -
4 Economics 23 - - *
5 Portfolio Management - Asset Allocation 20 * - -
6 Fixed Income Investments 19 - - *
7 Equity Investments 22 - * -
8 Portfolio Management - Risk Management 16 - * -
9 Portfolio Management – Performance Eval. 16 - - *
Item Set
- Alternative Investments 18 - - *
- Economics 18 - * -
- Equity Investments 18 - - *
- Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - - *
- Fixed Income Investments 36 - - *
- Portfolio Management - Execution 18 - * -
- Portfolio Management - Individual 18 - - *
- Portfolio Management - Risk Management 18 - * -

I wasn't short on time at all in the morning, in fact I had time to go back and find an error in the morning. Last year (2010) was a different story, definitely ran out of time and didn't even get to a question or two. I changed that this year. Below are my results. As you can see, a point or two on the IPS would have passed me.

Essay
1 Portfolio Management - Individual 15 * - -
2 Portfolio Management - Individual 23 * - -
3 Portfolio Management - Institutional 26 * - -
4 Economics 23 - - *
5 Portfolio Management - Asset Allocation 20 * - -
6 Fixed Income Investments 19 - - *
7 Equity Investments 22 - * -
8 Portfolio Management - Risk Management 16 - * -
9 Portfolio Management – Performance Eval. 16 - - *
Item Set
- Alternative Investments 18 * - -
- Economics 18 * - -
- Equity Investments 18 - - *
- Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - - *
- Fixed Income Investments 36 - * -
- Portfolio Management - Execution 18 - * -
- Portfolio Management - Individual 18 - * -
- Portfolio Management - Risk Management 18 * - -
We have divided the full group of candidates who did not pass into 10 approximately equal score bands. Your score band below shows how your overall score on the exam compares with all other failed candidates.

Your score band: 10

BayArea Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i don't think i killed the ips, but i do agree the
> shortcuts are very helpful! also believe the
> bootcamp is way more beneficial than continuing to
> study on your own for four days.

What'd you get on essay 2? Were you short on time in the am?

i don't think i killed the ips, but i do agree the shortcuts are very helpful! also believe the bootcamp is way more beneficial than continuing to study on your own for four days.

If you do the bootcamp, you will get >70 on individual ips section.

I've failed L3 for the third time and the past two attempts I've gotten less than 50% in both the individual and institutional IPS. I walked out of the morning feeling confident that I at least got some points on the IPS' since I spent so much time on them, but got nothing.

Do any of you have a similar experience as mine, went to the Creighton workshop, then showed marked improvement/passed the IPS'?

Just to add some balance, this love fest is a little over the top. I was there. I'm glad I went. Checked out Omaha. Discovered a couple bars. Gambled a bit. Met some good people. But if I would have spent four days straight studying on my own, which I would not have done, I would have been even more prepared. Marc cares, is enthusiastic, and plays the game, but I think it comes down to how you learn. His course is set up for those that rely on crystallized intelligence. If you are more fluid in your approach, your take away will not be worth the cost.

On another note, the course will fill up. It was at capacity this year. If you want to go, sign up NOW if it is open for enrollment.

jcole21 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wouldn't have passed without it.

Congrats jcole21! I saw you post in the Official Results thread too.

返回列表
上一主题:How to get a sponsor?
下一主题:邮件没收到,忐忑中