上一主题:Mock exam
下一主题:equity quiz c
返回列表 发帖
If you guys are getting in the high 70's on the CFA mock exam - and it being treated like the real exam when you take it - DON'T WORRY ANYMORE. The mock exam is very similar, and some would argue it's harder than the real exam....
I wrote the mock exam in June one week prior to the exam, so I could review my weak areas and the solutions to the mock exam...my suggestion is treat the mock like a real exam, and do it with time to review prior to exam day.

I found the real exam alot easier than I thought it would be (based purely on comparing it to the CFA mock exam)...but maybe the last bit of review on my weak areas helped..

best of luck to everyone writing level I in December!!!

@sdada

Haven't taken the CFAI mock yet. Gonna do it tomorrow.

Morning: 96/120 = 80.00%
Afternoon: 98/120 = 81.67%
TOTAL: 194/240 = 80.83%

Same thing happened to me again on the CFA mock as the Elan. I thought I totally bombed the afternoon portion but ended up scoring higher than the morning even though I guessed on almost a third of the questions. My scores are very unsettling...

Don't stress so much. You're in a very good place right now. The great thing about the CFA and Elan mocks is that you can never be sure your answer is correct. This has partly to do with the fact that there are very few numerical questions that you can be 100% sure you've answered correctly. The fact that you're able to do so well on these is a good sign. It's good that you're not getting complacent, keep your focus and put in the hours till the very end. There's no need to get "unsettled" seriously!!

notic4lyf Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Morning: 96/120 = 80.00%
> Afternoon: 98/120 = 81.67%
> TOTAL: 194/240 = 80.83%
>
> Same thing happened to me again on the CFA mock as
> the Elan. I thought I totally bombed the
> afternoon portion but ended up scoring higher than
> the morning even though I guessed on almost a
> third of the questions. My scores are very
> unsettling...

Thanks Beat. I try to tell myself that everyone else must feel the same way and as long as I keep at it I should be able to consistently score well. I thought I'd post a breakdown of my scores too in case anyone was interested.

Ethics: 26/36= 72.22%
Quant: 26/28= 92.86%
Econ: 21/24= 87.50%
FRA: 36/48= 75.00%
Corp Fin: 16/20= 80.00%
Equity: 19/24= 79.17%
Derivatives: 10/12= 83.33%
Fixed Income: 22/24= 91.67%
Alt Inv: 9/12= 75.00%
PM: 9/12= 75.00%

Total: 194/240= 80.83%

im still scoring in the low 70's, everyone else seems to be in the low 80's or high 70's. Gotta study more. Taking another mock tomorrow. Elan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at Saturday, November 13, 2010 at 05:05PM by allegro-cpa/cfa.

I had a similar break down. I was "iffy" on a lot of the ethics and alt questions so I am working on those areas this week. Are you going to purchase the CFA sample exams?

notic4lyf Wrote:
> Thanks Beat. I try to tell myself that everyone
> else must feel the same way and as long as I keep
> at it I should be able to consistently score well.
> I thought I'd post a breakdown of my scores too
> in case anyone was interested.
>
> Ethics: 26/36= 72.22%
> Quant: 26/28= 92.86%
> Econ: 21/24= 87.50%
> FRA: 36/48= 75.00%
> Corp Fin: 16/20= 80.00%
> Equity: 19/24= 79.17%
> Derivatives: 10/12= 83.33%
> Fixed Income: 22/24= 91.67%
> Alt Inv: 9/12= 75.00%
> PM: 9/12= 75.00%
>
> Total: 194/240= 80.83%

I noticed that too with the binomial probability function for the CFAI mock but then I had to use that formula from memory in one of the Elan mocks.

prophets Wrote:
> i notice in some of the questions, they give you
> the formula like for binomial probability
> function. should we expect that on the exam?

amalj Wrote:
> I had a similar break down. I was "iffy" on a lot
> of the ethics and alt questions so I am working on
> those areas this week. Are you going to purchase
> the CFA sample exams?

I'm confused about the sample exams to be honest. I was under the impression that we received a free mock and a free sample when we registered. I haven't looked at that yet but if I have to pay for it I'm not going to bother. I still have one more Elan mock and tons of practice questions to work with.

I am yet to finish my revision.
At my pace looks like it will be Dec 5th before I get onto the mocks LMAO

返回列表
上一主题:Mock exam
下一主题:equity quiz c