上一主题:How to get a sponsor?
下一主题:邮件没收到,忐忑中
返回列表 发帖

Creighton University CFA Boot Camp

Hi All,

Before you all jump down my throat, I did a search and found very little information on the Creighton University CFA Boot Camp. Just curious for those that did the boot camp for Level 3, what was your impression of the program? Was it worth it? Pros/Cons?

I am interested in signing up for the 2012 Level 3 boot camp, but before I commit, I wanted to get reviews from people that actually went to the camp.

Thanks!

I went this past year and thought it was great. The instructor Marc LeFebvre really knew his stuff and spent a lot of the time tackling past AM exam questions. I went into the AM portion with a lot more confidence than in 2010 when I failed in Band 10.

Not sure how I did this year yet (find out tomorrow) but I felt it was worth the cost of the class and the flight/hotel. I would recommend the boot camp over the weekly classes that other companies put out.

Pros:
- focuses on CFAI material
- specifically tackles the IPS calculations
- condensed into 4 days, within 3 weeks of exam so you would have had enough time to have seen the material beforehand
- cost was reasonable
- snacks/drinks were included

Cons:
- only offered in Omaha, NE
- class was a little large (50+ people for level 3)

I went to the L3 boot camp this year. Of all the studying I did, those 4 days were the most helpful, organized, and relevant. Mark Lefabvre is a stud. However, the course is really designed to attack the written section. It's not so good for the multiple choice, which makes sense because there's no way to go through all of the possible, calcs, etc in 4 days. If you decide to go, make sure you're well into your review prior to arrival. That will help you get the max benefit.

I agree with ramsey, the econ overview was absolutely horrible. If I failed and have to go back next year, I'll make sure that guy is not teaching before I spend the $$.

Agreed with everything above. For L3 I think this is the best piece of prep you can do.

Lefebvre is a pimp.

Awesome, thank you all for your insights.

Looks like I will be signing up for this boot camp. My biggest fear is the AM section in Lvl 3. So if this camp does a good job as far as review and strategy for the AM section, its worth it.

This boot camp is by far the best one you can go to imo. I went to DFW 5 day and thought it was a rip compared to Creighton. Will be money well spent. Oh and Marc Lefevbre is the man.

CFA Jay, CFA

CFA Jay Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This boot camp is by far the best one you can go
> to imo. I went to DFW 5 day and thought it was a
> rip compared to Creighton. Will be money well
> spent. Oh and Marc Lefevbre is the man.

Sweet! Hearing this from someone who has earned the charter and taken the camp, removes any doubt in my mind about signing up. Thank you!

This post should be permanently affixed to the top and Creighton should have an AF referral source/comp. L3 is going to be packed next year (as well it should be).

To update this.. I took the Creighton boot camp and passed!

Attended for level II and III. Passed both on first try and worth every penny.

返回列表
上一主题:How to get a sponsor?
下一主题:邮件没收到,忐忑中