返回列表 发帖
Honestly, you should get one of those review books Secret Sauce or 11th hour and read as much of that as you can.

no chance in hell, but need advice anyway

How the hell did I find myself in this situation?!!!!

Now that I'm here I want to do my best to pass.

I have maybe 22 hours between now and Saturday to study. I've just worked with Schweser materials so far. Here's where I am: I've reviewed most of FSA but need to do more practice problems. I have an understanding of the material but need to cement the concepts some more. I did Ethics, Econ and Quant in March, but forgot most of it, though reviewing would be straightforward enough. I am definitely not ready to dive into problems for those sections without a review. Right now I am on SS 11 and think I could crank through SS 12, 13, *maybe* 14 today...it's material that's somewhat familiar to me.

On debt, derivatives, alternative investments (SS15-18) I am totally screwed.

Please someone tell me what I can do over the next 2 days to have the best chance possible to pass. How do I structure my time intelligently?

Why not go get a review of the material by using the practice exam questions as homework? Take a look at a question, go read and figure out how to do it, and then solve. That will help with memorization and you're working exam-like questions.

Derivative is very easy as I think so and it will cover 6 question out of 120 and in total 12 all.
Most of derivative chapter like forward contract,future are almost same you can read them once that is sufficient.

Do read options and swap carefully option itself cover 50% of derivative questions what I look in Mock exam.

In Forward contract FRA equation is very imp and generally one question based on that.

Heres what you should do, on Saturday turn off you clock and sleep in. On Sunday sign up for the June exam

"cfagoal2" - he just needs to memorize derivatives, alternative investment, & debt but this doesn't mean that he should give up! ha?

Good luck to you all !

this isn't a college final buddy...just admit failure and don't waste your time on saturday

packattack4 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> this isn't a college final buddy...just admit
> failure and don't waste your time on saturday

Nice advice! Give him a chance!

Worst comes to worst, you go take the exam and then at least you've had the experience and you know what its like, the stress of the day etc, so if you are unfortunate this time, you'll be even better prepared next time cause you'll have had a trial run!

Don't listen to these guys and don't give up, keep working as hard as you can now - my advice is to just focus on doing well in the big areas (Ethics, FSA and quant) - and you never know! Good luck.

spartanag07 Wrote:
> Why not go get a review of the material by using
> the practice exam questions as homework? Take a
> look at a question, go read and figure out how to
> do it, and then solve. That will help with
> memorization and you're working exam-like
> questions.

Agreed, Do practise questions, and keep your focus on the sections with largest weight like FSA/Equity/Ethics.

You still have a chance, keep working

Bexter Wrote:
> packattack4 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > this isn't a college final buddy...just admit
> > failure and don't waste your time on saturday
>
> Nice advice! Give him a chance!
>
> Worst comes to worst, you go take the exam and
> then at least you've had the experience and you
> know what its like, the stress of the day etc, so
> if you are unfortunate this time, you'll be even
> better prepared next time cause you'll have had a
> trial run!
>
> Don't listen to these guys and don't give up, keep
> working as hard as you can now - my advice is to
> just focus on doing well in the big areas (Ethics,
> FSA and quant) - and you never know! Good luck.

Let's be realistic here....the charter would be worth as much as the Series 7 if someone could cram for a week. So no, I don't feel sorry for him

返回列表