返回列表 发帖

In a Tight Spot

Less than a month to go, and I got three books left. I had an unexpected job move and tried to study simaltaneously but lost a little over a month in the process. I would really like to pass this June and don't know if its possible given the time frame but I up literally up for anything.

I have all the Elan guides as well as the 11th Hour review. I asked a similar question before but would like your guidance here.

If I were to start doing practice exam questions daily, as well as going over the 11th hour review, and than reviewing the practice exam questions, do I have a shot at passing. I am willing to sacrifice any amount of time necessary but wanted to hear your opinions.

Any thoughts here are appreciated!

here's the best way to use the time left. Track down a set of videos (schweser or stalla). and watch those for the books you haven't read. Take a pad out and take notes on the videos as if you were in a class, pausing them or replaying something you miss and going back to the texts when you need more indepth material. You can easily fit that in with the time left. Then at the end do the practice exams and hone in on your weak areas. You can dig up my old posts on this, but I basically passed all 3 levels using Schweser as my primary study tool. I'm also old and have a lot of relevent work experience and a CPA, but I think you still have time to get things done. For all 3 levels I finished one pass thru the ,material with 1 week or less left, and only thne started practice exams.

Seriously.

If you are going to do videos, then it HAS to be Elan's.

When I took the tests 5-6 years ago, Elan didn't exist, so do a search to see if beatthecfa's views are shared.

Super I, this is exactly the strategy I've stumbled upon. I am using Scheweser because I purchased it ahead of time. I watched a few Elan samples and they're great..

Point is, if time is limited, the videos might be the best way to go ---- taking notes as you go along and make sure that you solidy the important concepts by answering practice questions.

Dude chill out. There's a lot of time left.

I just finished reading 11.

I just got the videos from Elan from you suggestions. Given this, my gameplan was - watch videos on remaining subjects, take notes on these vids, than practice q's at the end of the CFA book, and do this all within the week/mid next week. Than hit practice tests like mule.

What are your thoughts on this strategy?

TripARated, are you employed?

Just finished an MBA and start work in the late summer.

ah that makes sense. Good luck with the exam.

Been using the Elan videos all this past weekend and week. They are great but still feel like this process is going to consume a lot of time at this point. I have taken the exam before and know that good balanced study is the basis for passing, but considering I don't have that option I was thinking of doing the following.

Reading the EOC summaries, the Elan 11th hour review (like Schweser Secret Sauce), and doing EOC questions on both Scheweser and CFA text. I figure this is a good way to get the concepts/questions down in one sitting.

There is no way to rush through material or make up for lost time, but considering the time frame and task ahead, I need to do whatever I can to ensure the P.

Apprecaite your thoughts and opinions.

返回列表