返回列表 发帖

If you have to skip chapters

I know none of you would advise skipping anything. But I at a point where i can only do selective study. I have pretty much 95% of the course remaining to go. I am in ABSOLUTE panic.

Please suggest the chapters ones that you are think can be easily skipped, or h ave low probability of being tested, or doesn't add too much to the overall understanding of other chapters.

Depends on what you think are your strong points, like if you have a basic knowledge in economics you might be able to wing it, maybe some of the capital bugeting, I not realy sure nothing springs to mind, gud luck though

Studying capital budgeting right now, seems quite easy among all other things.

Maybe try to stay off analyst forum! I spent too many hours leaving stupid trolling messages all over the place, I wish I could get that time back. But answering qs on level 2 forum does help as you study. If your not working full time you still in with a gud shot, if ur realy stuck just concentrate on equity and fsa, and skim the rest, audio too might be a gud bet

yeah i'd prefer that too, but FRA is not easy, it taking insane amount of time to read and understand and i am forgetting it all too easy.

i am hating FRA. equity i am trying but the last study session is not a joke either. have myself really in a hole right now. so trying to do something easy as captial budgeting so i feel a sense that i have done atleast a little bit.

heres my take and what i will focus on the last 4 weeks

Ethics - The actual standards
Quant - Mutliple regression (time series if time remains)
Econ - two big readings, Currency Exchange Rates (reading 18) and Parity Relations (reading 19)
FRA - Intercorp investemnts, pension, and multinational
Corp Fin - capital bud. and mergers and acquisitions
Equity - the valuation models (DDM, FCF, Multiples, RI, Private company val. if time)
Alternatives - Private equity
Fixed Income - Valuing Bonds with embedded Options, mortgage backed securities
Derivatives - Options, Swaps, forwards (if you know forwards you can prob figure out futures)
Port Management - ICAPM

This is still a TON of work, but at least eliminates some of smaller topics.
In reality, i would recommend going through it all

If you are remotely comfortable with the concept of a hedge fund, skip the 2 HF chapters in Alts and read the takeaways in Secret Sauce instead. They're incredibly 'duh, isn't that common sense?' readings.

This is a very good summary of what will be crucial and I think if we can get the below down we can definitely pass

Spanishesk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> heres my take and what i will focus on the last 4
> weeks
>
> Ethics - The actual standards
> Quant - Mutliple regression (time series if time
> remains)
> Econ - two big readings, Currency Exchange Rates
> (reading 18) and Parity Relations (reading 19)
> FRA - Intercorp investemnts, pension, and
> multinational
> Corp Fin - capital bud. and mergers and
> acquisitions
> Equity - the valuation models (DDM, FCF,
> Multiples, RI, Private company val. if time)
> Alternatives - Private equity
> Fixed Income - Valuing Bonds with embedded
> Options, mortgage backed securities
> Derivatives - Options, Swaps, forwards (if you
> know forwards you can prob figure out futures)
> Port Management - ICAPM
>
> This is still a TON of work, but at least
> eliminates some of smaller topics.
> In reality, i would recommend going through it all

Agree above list is pretty good. Might also e worthwhile checking which of those chapters have end of chapter questions in the curriculum. Just a suggestion.

Pepp,

I would try to nail down as much as possible with ethics, FSA, and equity. I think you can't skip ANY topic 100%.

What happens if you see an item set on a topic that you skipped? You will almost guarantee a failure.

Best of luck.

返回列表