返回列表 发帖
So true. I caught several sneaky tricks but wonder how many I missed.

And how many I thought were tricks due to mild paranoia that were actually straightforward.

Simmer down now Iginla

Iginla2010 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey morons, guess what? The CFAI doesn't come
> after you with an invoice of a million dollars
> when you've made your way into your careers at a
> BB and are tossing big dough around!
>
> And guess what? CFAI isn't coming knocking on your
> doors down on bended knees pleading you to take
> the exam. Complain all you want, who gives a sh!t.
> Get the hell out of here, if you think that the
> exam isn't fair, or the system isn't fair. At
> least it's a lot easier for the English speakers,
> have you thought about those in Europe and Asia
> who have to struggle with the language barrier
> too?
>
> Guess what? no one gives a sh!t.

Apparently the language barrier isn't that much of a problem. The U.S. usually brings up the rear in the geographical pass rates. Chill out bra

I don't think you can really complain about how exams aren't testing the real actual knowledge that we apply in real world. In that case, pretty much all of my undergraduate courses have been wasted learning craps that don't get applied in real world. IMO, one of the biggest reasons for exams to exist is to test one's ability in enduring hardships and being able to overcome tremendous amount of stress. Come on, exams have always been used for the purpose of differentiating among individuals.

I happen to be one those poor souls who is from the Asia region by the way, and English isn't my mother tongue and you have no idea how much we struggle with the exam because of our lack of fluency in English, especially the grammar part of the exam;)

I don't think anyone flunks the CFA exam because of his fluency in English. Again though i still think it would do every one justice if after the exam the CFA publishes the exam with their proposed answers and difficulty rating for each question. Then maybe we would discover that there was never a rounding problem to begin with and we just are "morons" who don't know how to add and multiply.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at Wednesday, June 9, 2010 at 01:55AM by TexasInstruments.

i've said it a hundred times and definitely agree with those that think they should just test us on our knowledge, not our ability to see through the tricks. are you trying to make me a knowledgable investment professional or an expert test taker that can play the game? and i'm not complaining from the position of thinking i may have failed. i'd be surprised if i didn't pass as i felt good about the way it went. now watch that i failed because i fell for too many tricks! nah, i've been studying since october and have put in well over 600 hours to this beast, so i should pass. but let's cut the crap with the games and trickery, right???!!?!?!

They reserve the right to ask you to retake any level. For instance, even though you may be a level 2, there are circumstances may propel them to make you retake level 1, or even worse, no additional tests. Now that would be a very cruel but eye opening experience.

Iginla2010 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>...
> have you thought about those in Europe and Asia
> who have to struggle with the language barrier
> too?

I know. Us in Europe should be given extra points for trying. It's only fair.

返回列表