返回列表 发帖

Passing levels 1 and 2 in one go

Wanted to ask the seniors if anyone had successfully passed Level 1 in Dec and then passed level 2 in the following June.

Is level 2 much more difficult than level 1?

Yes , and defintely yes. Lvl I is not deep , just introductory material . Lvl II gets really deep and you have to remember a lot more

you can't register for L2 without a undergrad degree in hand.

Level 2 is significantly more difficult than Level 1. I would estimate maybe 1.5x the effort.

For someone with a background in finance, L1 isn't too bad., I'd say even 2-3X effort for L2

Level 2 is definitely more difficult than Level 1, but it's not undoable.

Dal Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wanted to ask the seniors if anyone had
> successfully passed Level 1 in Dec and then passed
> level 2 in the following June.
>
> Is level 2 much more difficult than level 1?

Very common, though it does make it a bit tougher as the earliest you can start is about mid-Fed at best (it depends how long it takes to get the books etc).

It is easier in one aspect in that all the LI material is still fresh, plus you are still in study mode from the Dec LI exam.

And yes LII is way more difficult than LI, primarily due to the volume of the material.

However, plenty of people have passed all three exams in a row from Dec -> June -> June (myself included and I'm no rocket scientist).

Thanks everyone, fingers crossed for level 1 results due on 25 Jan 2011. Hope its what I deserved for my effort.

If you're confident in your level 1 score, it wouldn't hurt to look at some of the level two material if you know someone you can borrow it from. That said, the time off is pretty necessary to recharge though.

Definitely doable though if you're committed.

I studied really hard for level 1, came out feeling so-so, ended up passing with flying colors.

For level 2 I used the exact same study methods and structure but the week before the test I started sweating bullets because I couldn't get my head around all the material. I burned myself out, stayed up till 4am the day of the test reading the ethics section which I left for last. I also literally took one half of one practice test the day before the exam as my only real question practice - I didn't want to sacrifice precious minutes learning content to get feedback on material I wouldn't have time to study anyway. I got to the test, the first ethics section was a topic I didn't review at all so I freaked out, guessed a lot. I fumbled through quant methods only to realize I burned almost half the test recalculating problems because I kept arriving at answers that weren't in the choices. My life flashed before my eyes, I had a hot flash, I thought I was done for, wasted hundreds of hours of my life! But I was able to pull it together, decided to salvage what I could, found my confidence and powered through the rest of the test.

I again passed with flying colors except quant methods where I was in the <50% group.

As far as takeaways go, it's really important to remember you can get a lot of questions wrong and still pass so allow yourself to let material go as you study. Can't remember the formula for how warrants impact accounting ratios? Skip it and find a dozen other things to skip to lighten the mental load. I freaked out and working myself into a delirious frenzy studying in the final hours because I didn't want to let material go. I would have crushed quant methods if I was well rested, the rest of the test probably would have gone the same as it did.

返回列表